Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
My Recycled Swing

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » My Recycled Swing « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gardenshowlady  Send Gardenshowlady a private message!

Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 02:57 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Some of you may recall the deacons bench I picked up while 'curb-shopping'. I had to cut the legs off & rig this swing in the A frame that I also picked up.
Sorry my dresser & windowbox aren't blooming presently, but I will get them in their "Sunday Best".
The head board has some 'gloriosa lilies' planted on it to climb up...The mailbox is one I painted too.

None of these kiddos are mine, but if I waited until there were no kids to snap a shot, it would be dark!

}

Gardenshowlady - Carolina Lowcountry, Zone "8b"

Lulubelle  Send Lulubelle a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:43 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Carolyn, It's gorgeous! Did you repaint it, or was it that colour? It's absolutely adorable.

Lulubelle, zone 5, Quebec, Canada

Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:51 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Yes, I repainted both the A frame and the bench. I really love those 'cool' colors. And since this is my backyard, I can sort of 'cut loose'. I'm not too sure that the neighbors would appreciate my 'creative flair' out in the front...
Although, I have a porch swing under the oak tree that I painted blue also. It is subdued & soothing tucked among the azaleas & hostas.

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:51 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Colorful Carolyn..just like you..
I smiled re the kids..

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Frostycurls  Send Frostycurls a private message!

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 01:24 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Gardenshowlady wrote on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 08:39 pm:

None of these kiddos are mine, but if I waited until there were no kids to snap a shot, it would be dark!

I love your attitude and good for you with your creativity. I also love the colors.

Penny Oregon Zone 7

Susanq  Send Susanq a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Susanq

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 01:24 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Your yard looks like a fun, welcoming place! Great job on the swing.

SusanQ - Zone 4b-5b Wisconsin

Gardenbug  Send Gardenbug a private message!

Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 12:41 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I see the white headboard just waiting for a clematis... Maybe the girls would like to take one on as a project! I'm sure we could offer advice!

Gardenbug Ontario zone 4b/5b

Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 03:52 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Guess what Marie?! I picked up a wonderful trellis on the roadside today. I'm sure a clematis or 2 would be lovely climbing up this one~~~

Now where shall I start!

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 02:30 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hey, can you repost your bench?

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 08:49 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Here it is Karalyn~

Gardenshowlady - SC Lowcountry, Zone "8b"

Greybeard  Send Greybeard a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 04:58 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Glad you re-posted as I had the X before. It looks good. I love the your ingenuity. The glass behind gives some interesting reflections.

Terry UK zone 9

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 01:24 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That is so neat! I have the A frame now to find a bench! My father has one, but he keeps hanging onto it. ON its side leaning against the patio table. lol

You're just full of ideas.

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com