Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Herbs Started Indoors

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Herbs Started Indoors « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bluewillow  Send Bluewillow a private message!

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 11:21 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

So I started some of my herbs indoors on Sunday under the growlight setup in the basement.

Got home yesterday and took a pic at the jiffy plastic tray with the pellets in, and to my surprise, the thyme sprouted already. Just waiting for the Oregano and Parsely to do the same.

Once they are all about 2-3" in height, then I'll thin them. Considering this is my first time, things are looking good.

Bluewillow - London UK, Now Canada, Zone " 5b"

Stephie  Send Stephie a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 03:57 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Have a try at zaatar? It's a perennial with a very oregano taste used in India. Love those herbs! Also I prefer prennial rocket too (arugula)...and the mints (I think I have banana mint, grapefruit, orange, apple, spearmint and a few others) All herbs can be dried in a food dehydrator too...so enjoy growing them and storing them for winter too!!!

Stephie

Cozyglow  Send Cozyglow a private message!

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 07:00 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Stephie, I dry my herbs in my kitchen, up side down. I have a lot of basil in the summer, and it was in abundance, last year. I took a twist tie and gathered it all together and hung it from my ceiling fan in my kitchen. It dried beautifully. And, not only did it make my kitchen look different, it was fragrant while it was in its drying process.
Just thought I'd share my method. I do the same for parsley.
Happy Gardening!
Susan
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Cozyglow - Texas, Zone "Southeast Texas"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com