Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Progress in the back yard

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Progress in the back yard « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Valia  Send Valia a private message!

Supporting Member

Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 03:42 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

The wind was blowing like crazy yesterday, and forecasts were for it to grow even stronger, so I decided I should thin the fruit from the little apricot branch that had so many beautiful blossoms in March. I took a photo first.

Plant Forum

Then I was carried away with enthusiasm, and snapped shots of the fig and the mulberry, too.

Plant ForumPlant Forum

The peas are beginning to blossom and the cauliflower is leafing out nicely. The plants look twice as big today, after the rain. They like real rain much better than the water I give them.

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

And the tomatoes are blooming away. Some fruit has set --- about the size of BB's.

Plant Forum

That grey line you see is a bit of my hair, blown out of its clasp by the wild winds.

Anne

Valia - UT (winter) WA (summer), Zone "8 and 5"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Heirloomgardens  Send Heirloomgardens a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Garden
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 04:13 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

What a fabulous post, Anne! Your plants and trees are looking fantastic. I so wish I had a Mulberry Tree. That part about your hair is a riot. I am imagining the Wild Woman of the Wind tending her tomato patch.

Heirloomgardens - Massachusetts, Zone "5b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com