Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Strawberry Fragoo Pink?

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Strawberry Fragoo Pink? « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hankeat  Send Hankeat a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 08:37 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I would like to know has anybody experience of strawberry Fragoo Pinkto share with?
http://www.ozarksgardens.com/pv/nmdpC/35/20/qWRTDr/tlGewaCoHOQaIzB/fragoo-p ink-strawberry.html?pfriendly=1
http://www.rushcreekgrowers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=plants.plantDetail&pla nt_id=2117
It looks beautiful and interesting.

Hankeat - Berlin, Zone "7a"

Studdlygoof  Send Studdlygoof a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 11:23 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It is a very visually stunning plant...I think it would compliment a similar colored Lantana placed in the center of it with the Fragoo trailing over the edges a container

Studdlygoof - Maryland, Zone "Z-7"

Stephie  Send Stephie a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 01:52 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have a strawberry exactly the same except it's called "Panda". I included it in my alpine strawberry containers (white and red berried alpines) as these trail quite well too. All are at picking level and with the alpines, we get berries well into October! The pink flowers are a real delight.

Stephie

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 04:02 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Stephie, if I'm not mistaken. The difference between 'Fragoo Pink' and 'Panda' is, the former is edible and the latter isn't.

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 04:12 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I hope Panda is edible..lol hehe because I've eaten a few. They are actualy fairly sweet. Very tiny..but not bad.

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 06:29 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Now I grow my normal strawberry in hanging baskets. I assume it's more beautiful with Fragoo Pink.

Plant Forum

Stephie  Send Stephie a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 12:36 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have eaten Panda strawberries and they are quite good (but not as tasty as the alpines) but the flowers are mainly what I wanted anyway as I can't keep up with the alpines. There's a beach strawberry with a yellow flower that doesn't produce fruit...I use that as a ground cover near the pond. However, I am still going to look for fragoo....never turn down a strawberry!

Stephie

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com