Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
What's going on in your garden?

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » What's going on in your garden? « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Manfarr1974  Send Manfarr1974 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 03:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

The snow didn't leave my garden until about 10 days ago (4/26/08) - soon as it did I immediately planted peas and onion sets - and a new asparagus patch...and beets, Kohlrabi and radishes. I have garlic popping up about 6" high, which is the most exciting thing out there for me right now...The house is a jungle of plants awaiting planting (6/2/08 should be the last frost here).. So far, not much coming up by way of veggies - flower bulbs are going gangbusters though. } So what is happening for you all? I figure some of you might have something fun going on to get me through until my plantings start to grow..
Mandy in Maine Zone 4a

Manfarr1974 - Maine, Zone "4a"

Heirloomgardens  Send Heirloomgardens a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 03:53 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi, Mandy, and welcome to GB!

Wow, your snow stayed a long time. It sounds like you have a lot going on already, though, so that must be a wonderful change of pace for you.

I don't have too much happening as far as veggies. I built my first raised beds just this spring and have already planted garlic, peas, mesclun, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, and parsley in them. The Pak Choi, Collard Greens, celery, tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants are outside acclimating in their cell plugs. Aside from that, I have several trees and new bulbs in bloom right now and my daffodils are just finishing up.

You should hop on over to the social forum and introduce yourself, and post some pics in the garden gallery, too. We love to meet new people and see what they are up to!

Heirloomgardens - Massachusetts, Zone "5b"

Ailexq  Send Ailexq a private message!

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 04:39 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi Mandy!
The only sunny patch on our land is our back deck, so I am growing a vegetable garden in containers! I have a couple broccoli, a brussel sprout, lots of spinach, some thumbelina carrots, green pepper, jalepeno pepper, herbs herbs herbs, a couple strawberries, and almost a dozen tomatoes, both upside-down and upright!
I'm still pretty new to all of this, so we'll see how it goes! *crosses fingers*
-ilex

Ailexq - GA, Zone "7/8"

Stephie  Send Stephie a private message!

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 07:37 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

After a VERY slow start due to bad weather, I finally got the garden planted...carrots (yellow, red and orange), orach (it's a beautiful deep red spinach), little sweetie peas, some yellow podded snow peas, regular peas, beets, bright lights chard, garlic, onins, tomatoes, cukes (poona kheera, richmond green apple, chinese, cross country, speedway), winter squashes (queensland blue, blue hubbard, golden delicious, french pumpkin, Ultra HP), sunflowers, black soya beans, purple, yellow & green pole beans, yellow bush bean, lettuce mixes/chinese veggies, and have to wait for peppers, melons and maybe more tomatoes, squashes & cukes.....I'm tired!!!! Haven't even gotten to the greenhouse....and in the other greenhouse I just popped in all my tree and shrub seedlings who, as yet, haven't a garden to go to...I have to figure that part out LOL!!!

Stephie

Gardenbug  Send Gardenbug a private message!

Supporting Member

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 06:04 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

We've been eating asparagus and rhubarb. Later on (in Fall) we'll have raspberries.

We have herbs, but I have yet to plant vegetables, probably in June once danger of frost has passed.

Gardenbug - Ontario, Zone "4/5"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com