Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Snake in Compost

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Composting and Soil Amendments-Archives » Snake in Compost « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Studdlygoof  Send Studdlygoof a private message!

Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 08:25 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Was forking over my pile earlier today and pulled out a 6ft Black Snake on the end of my fork! Was wondering if anyone else had soiled themselves over a suprise like this in their pile. Probably just taking cover and basking in the heat of the pile.

Studdlygoof - Maryland, Zone "Z-7"

Nibbs  Send Nibbs a private message!

Supporting Member

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 10:45 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That seems to be a favorite place for snakes here, and where they have their young! ... Oh my ... six foot snake ...!! I don't mind snakes, but something like that would have me running up the cherry tree!!

Diane British Columbia Zone 7b

Studdlygoof  Send Studdlygoof a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 02:24 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I looked for eggs but didnt see any, but it would make sense because it kept trying to go into the pile and wouldnt let me near it. Dont mind him around cause I have a lot of mice, but we're going to need to find a seperate place to set up shop and not in the compost heap. Maybe I should start one up just for them

Studdlygoof - Maryland, Zone "Z-7"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com