Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
A fun before and after!

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » A fun before and after! « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rainiergardnr  Send Rainiergardnr a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 11:23 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Been looking for about a year for a potting bench for my new garden shed - - of course the ones I saw were outrageously priced - - on the way to work last Monday here on the side of the road with a FREE sign attached was this lil baby changing table....hmmmmmmmmmm...loaded it into the truck, brought it home , did a little renovating , slapped on some paint and VOILA!!I love it!
Here is a before pic:

And after:

Course it has "french violet" trim....In more ways than one!

Rainiergardnr - Western WA State, Zone "8"

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 11:34 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Cute! I love seeing things being recycled and enjoyed.Creative...

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Susanq  Send Susanq a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Susanq

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:21 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Great job, Maggie!

SusanQ - Zone 4b-5b Wisconsin

Gardenshowlady  Send Gardenshowlady a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:45 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

this is GREAT!! I love it...

Gardenshowlady - SC Lowcountry, Zone "8b"

Bloomorselse  Send Bloomorselse a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 03:24 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Great find, and refinishing job.

Joan New Brunswick Zone 4b

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 01:58 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I love it! You did a superb job! I like looking out of the box. Just starting to learn that.

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Perennial_girl  Send Perennial_girl a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 11:29 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Great find and smart thinking.
:) Donna

Perennial_girl - Manitoba, Zone "4/5"

Frostycurls  Send Frostycurls a private message!

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 01:12 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Perennial_girl wrote on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 05:14 pm:

Great find and smart thinking.

I love the color you chose.

Penny Oregon Zone 7

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 11:03 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

OMG! I just love it! I'm going to watch for one of these myself now. I have just the place for it. I also just love the shade of green you used...looks so nice Maggie!

SunnyDay2Day mid-Michigan Zone 5

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 12:35 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hahahahah - - the colors were in the cans just waitin for me - - the green(Enchanted Forest) is the trim on the garden shed and the 'French violet' is the color of the wooden rocking chair that sits on the porch!! They just seemed to work!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 01:30 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I just love your potting shed! Okay, where do you live...I've got to come over there and see your garden!

I had forgotten about this and I'm so glad to get more postings on it so that I can enjoy your potting table find and what you did to it. Superb!

I have family in Washington. Tacoma and Yelm, plus other friends.

So anytime you want to show your garden let me know.

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 11:09 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Karalyn - you are most welcome anytime - - I am just 12 miles east of Yelm on the hiway to Mt. Rainier..hubby works in McKenna!....of course the garden is much showier in the summer - - but it has it's beauty in the winter too - - - let me know when you are on your way west and we'll get together! Oh - and don't forget to pack some of this with you ...

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 03:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

HI Rainiergardnr,

Okay, I hope to bring some.... We're having an inversion right now, so we are getting fog and mist. I guess that sounds familiar to you. LOL

Wow, that is neat that you live close to my SIL. Haven't been to WA for a couple of years, but it was in the summer and it seems that every time I come it is great sunny weather, with just the right amount of rain to make it fun for my sons, etc.

My niece is getting married in Dec. the end of it in Mesa, AZ. So were flying over there and then she has a reception after in her home town of University City or Place? about a week later. We haven't decided if we will be going to Tacoma or not as we don't know the road conditions, etc.

But my SIL, the bride's mother has her breast cancer back and is now on an experimental study in Texas as she has done all she can do in Washington.

So if we don't go then we will of course be coming to WA at later dates. So I'll let you know. Thanks for the invite! I can hardly wait to see your garden in person!

CYA....in due time!

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Nonacook  Send Nonacook a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 10:48 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

What a great potting bench! I love the turned posts. They really add class!

Nonacook - Florida, Zone "8b"

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 05:37 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well, I've been to Washington for my SIL's funeral. I stayed a day later in Lakewood to help my sister drive home.

My hubby and family went to Yelm on their way home to visit with my husband's sister. This was a fast trip and boy, was Washington cold! LOL Brrr....but was nice during the funeral.

We are planning to go up again as my husband bought a pressure washer for our business so this way I can travel more leisurely and check up on my brother again after some time without his wife. Hopefully, more things will be in bloom and less sadness.

Already, I noticed so many things in bloom there and it was Beautiful! I really liked the shrubbery that has green and red leaves that is everywhere there. I saw it at Walmart and plan on getting me a small pot, forgot the name though.

The dogwood was beautiful as well. On our way back to Idaho & Utah, we stopped at the Falls along the Columbia River. It was fun and the day was nice, just the right amount of mist. We wished we had had more time to walk to all the falls along there, but we had a deadline for my sister's children school hours.

So when I go with hubby I'm planning on having him hike the trails to the falls with me.

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Denise_tx  Send Denise_tx a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 04:52 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

WOW! That's such a great idea. I love it!

Denise_tx - Texas, Zone "Zone 9"

Starzgarden  Send Starzgarden a private message!

Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 02:20 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Fantastic job Maggie! I am always rescuing items from someones trash....much to the embarassment of my sweet hubby.

Starzgarden - Michigan, Zone "five"

Lesliedon2000  Send Lesliedon2000 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 05:39 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Too cute!!

Lesliedon2000 - Georgia, Zone "7"

My Weather
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 12:47 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well, Maggie, a lot has happened since I last posted. Besides my brother's wife's funeral her son got married April 16th, 2005, then we found out my hubby's sister, the one that lives in Yelm, has breast cancer in May of last year and since then has been treated for with chemo.

Then my husband's other sister died from her trial of breast cancer in Sept and we went to that funeral in Utah. Another one of his sisters took a genetic testing for their chances of getting breast cancer and her chances are 50%. So she is on a schedule with a program to protect herself as much as she can before she gets the cancer.

I don't know about hubby's other sisters. He has 6 of them. I heard that another one got tested for the gene marker, but don't know for sure.

So things have settled down a bit here and I hope to get to Washington to see both my sil in Yelm and my brother in University City.

So I'm hoping to take this trip in May if I'm feeling well. I have a boy from Thailand living with us that I would bring along to show him some more of the USA. As he has only really seen parts of Idaho.

I think it would be neat for him to go to the top of the Space Needle etc.

I'll check in with you later when I know more.

BTW, we are having some super great days of temps in the mid 70's which is a very nice surprise from our unusually lower temps.
The bad part is that snow on the mountains will start to melt and flood our rivers, so all the people that built their homes along the Boise River actually built them on a known flood plain.

We just have been having droughts the last several years that this is kind of a surprise, but not totally as the snow didn't snow in one day and we had reached our goal of moisture for the news to say we are no longer in a drought phase.

CYA...

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Ratherbgardening  Send Ratherbgardening a private message!

Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 01:17 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It looks great and I like your shed also!

Ratherbgardening - WA, Zone "7 or 8"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com