Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Gourd Swans

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Gourd Swans « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wemons  Send Wemons a private message!

Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 12:40 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I made a swan family to add a little beauty to my small garden.
Plant Forum

Wemons - Ohio, Zone "5"

Gardenshowlady  Send Gardenshowlady a private message!

Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 12:54 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Those are too cool! You are so talented~

But you must spill the beans on the facial art in your profile pic~ Were you in "Cats"?

Memories~

Gardenshowlady - SC Lowcountry, Zone "8b"

Audreys_grandma  Send Audreys_grandma a private message!

Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 01:53 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

These are wonderful! You will have to give us instructions...

Paige

Audreys_grandma - Tennessee, Zone "7"

Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 02:05 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Lol GSL, no I wan't in cats but just messing around with a program that allowed me to morph to a cat. Since I am a Leo I thought I would jump into strips *giggle*
I am also a die hard cat/animal lover.

AG I just cleaned the gourds allowed them to dry, painted body and eyes and added the beak using polymer clay.

Here is a link to some of my other gourd art. http://www.gardenbuddies.com/forum/messages/4275/1124258.html

Wemons - Ohio, Zone "5"

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 10:13 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

So cute Kit..and all your other projects also:)

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 10:32 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks, I really enjoy decorating gourds even though this is my third year doing it,
I still have a lot to learn.

Wemons - Ohio, Zone "5"

Lulubelle  Send Lulubelle a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Lulubelle

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:15 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Kit, your work is amazing!

Lulubelle, zone 5, Quebec, Canada

Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 07:40 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks

Wemons - Ohio, Zone "5"

Nonacook  Send Nonacook a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 10:50 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I planted some of those gourd seeds this year. Hope I get some results! Those are cute!

Nonacook - Florida, Zone "8b"

Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 11:28 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks, sorry it took so long to get back to you but I just came back from vacation. I am sure your gourds will do fine and can't wait to see how you decorate them.

Wemons - Ohio, Zone "5"

Perennial_girl  Send Perennial_girl a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 06:33 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Great job, Kit! I always wanted to paint some gourds but my season isn't long enough to grow them big enough to paint....lol.
:) Donna

Perennial_girl - Manitoba, Zone "4/5"

Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 10:28 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

My growing season isn't that long but I still manage to turn out some large gourds. Just give them plenty of water,and feed them every two weeks and you will be surprise at what you get. You might try starting them indoors around Feb or March that will help a lot. I don't have the space indoors so I have to plant them directly outdoors and hope for the best.....good luck with yours.

Wemons - Ohio, Zone "5"

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 11:33 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

OH, my mother would have loved those. She loved Swans, had them everywhere, not the real ones but every knick knack you could find, then it switched to ducks! She passed away last May.

So I always think of her when I see swans of any kind.

So you just pop the seeds in some fertile soil during what month in your area. I've always wanted to grow this, or the birdhouse ones and even bought the seeds, but haven't planted them. since they weren't a priority vs. my clematis. Teehee!

What type of fertlilizer do you use?

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 06:43 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I am so sorry to hear about you losing your dear mother and know how you feel. I lost my mother when I was 18 and it took me six years to come to terms with it. I think of my mom whenever I see a bird figurine or any crochet dollies, or when I plant my garden, these are just a few things that keep her near to me.

Our last frost date here is May 8th and yes I do just pop then in the soil. I use compost in my soil and make sure they get enough water while feeding them every two weeks with Miracle Gro.
Good luck with yours and keep me posted as to how they are doing.

Wemons - Ohio, Zone "5"

My Weather
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 04:49 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks for posting back. It is hard to lose a mother I would think at age 18. My mother was 86 and lived a long full life. She had had a few strokes until the big one, so we were at peace to see her pass away. But that doesn't take the sadness away. Her strokes had already made her forgetful and childlike, so she really wasn't my mom during the past few years.

I already bought the rose called Super DorothyTM and want to get Dorothy Rose columbine also to put in my gardens. I guess you can tell that my mother's name in Dorothy.
They both are pink and my mother loved pink!

Hey, I just saw on a garden show this past Saturday morning about what you can do with gourds. But it was more for birdhouses. Really neat!

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 06:47 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I find a lot of projects for birdhouses and I have nothing against it but it's not for me. Once I made one I didn't want to make another, I wanted to move on to different ways of decorating gourds. I would love to be able to paint a complete scene on a large gourd but I have the hardest time trying to do so. I won't give up but right now I have one project to finish and one I want to start to keep me busy, I must warn you that once you start decorating gourds it becomes very addictive.

Wemons - Ohio, Zone "5"

My Weather
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 09:50 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I understand! I have enough hobbies to keep me busy...LOL Its too bad I don't love to sort through papers and file, etc. That would be probably more exciting for my family. I use to really work on that, but it doesn't bring me the satisfaction that gardening does.

Probably because I'm in the sunlight, I'm getting exercise, I love to see things grow and its a good time to think or not think.

Now that my baby (5th child) is 14 and is a boy, there isn't as much work to be done inside anymore and none of my children are gardeners. Their creativities involve computers, electricity and gas and diesel engines. Now my daughter wouldn't mind some of the things I do but not right now as she has a job that requires the quiet skills of filing and sorting through papers. She was promoted as a loan officer or loan processer, I get confused. All I know is that she has to put together home mortgages with all its required forms and check off lists. She loves this kind of work and her boss loves her.

She has artistic abilities inherited from her Grandmother who could paint anything and design any type of quilt you would want with your own design.

She also has a social life to maintain so that Mr. Right can find her. She's had a few callers but she hasn't found the right one yet or actually she has, he just doesn't know it.

What is fun now is that I have a daughter in law that's likes to do these types of things so we're bonding.

We have spent 3 days in a row touring the Parade of Homes here in Boise. This along with my 4 1/2 month old granddaughter.
It is fun to see the ideas in these houses and getting to know what my D.I.L. likes.

Well, I better move along. I haven't been on the internet for a couple of days.

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 12:47 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Congrats on your daughter's promotion. My daughter had inherited my drawing talents but doesn't have the time because she has six kids and is attending college. I am a lot like you.....I don't like paper work. I love to garden it makes me feel closer to God and I am always amazed at how a beautiful flower can come from such a small seed. I just finish one of my projects which is not a gourd and all I have to do is sill it so I can add it to my garden.

Wemons - Ohio, Zone "5"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com