Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Monty's Joy Juice?

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Composting and Soil Amendments-Archives » Monty's Joy Juice? « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bearrose1954  Send Bearrose1954 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 04:10 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I am trying some Monty's Joy Juice on some of my roses and some of our other plants this year. Have any of you here used this stuff? What is your opinion of it? I give everything a nice layer of compost each year but still like to feed the roses and other plants a little something to keep them happy. I use either my own rose food mix or Fertilome Rose Food mix on the roses.

Stan

Bearrose1954 - Colorado, Zone "5"

Gardenshowlady  Send Gardenshowlady a private message!

Click to see a larger profile photo of Gardenshowlady

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 08:42 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Monique is the resident expert on Monty's Joy Juice...
YooHoo!!! Monique!!

I tried alfalfa tea on my garden this year. Awaiting the report on that.

Gardenshowlady - SC Lowcountry, Zone "8b"

Rosesrobertson  Send Rosesrobertson a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 03:07 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

What do you think about this Monique? I am very interested in your response. I haven't heard too much about Monty's except for quickly at a show I was at last spring.

You may want to check out a new Canadian fertilizer called Liquid Growth. They have concentrated formulas as well and I have picked them up for my own use. I have found that the plants are so much healthier this year. Some blooms are unbelievably gorgeous. I think they have a website... liquidgrowth.com.

Rosesrobertson - Ontario, Zone "5a"

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 04:50 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well after using Monty's Joy Juice in 2005 in one test area, versus using my normal feedings in the other areas, I honestly saw no changes in performance to warrant me buying any more of the Joy Juice. This is just in my test area though, it may indeed do great things in other soils conditions. I am pretty much hooked on using alfalfa meal in with the regular rose food mix I use, along with the Epsom Salts. A little alfalfa tea now and then is great too!

Stan

Toolman  Send Toolman a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 02:45 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have used Monty's Plant Food or Joy Juice whatever you call it for the last 3 years. It grows bunches of huge tomatoes when used in conjunction with the Epsom Salts. Different weather patterns make it grow differently, but every year my beans and peas have done super with it. This year when my wife went to pick the beans the first time, she said there were 12-15 beans per plant-clumped together almost like grapes. That picking alone we got 56 quarts from a 15' X 15' patch.
My wife planted roses 3 years ago. She insisted on planting them on the north side of the fence under an apple tree (probably the shadiest spot we have). The first year they did nothing even with the Monty's and Epsom Salts. However, last year they bloomed nicely the first time. I was going to prune them back for fall, but when I went to check them, one of the bushes had 47 buds on it. This was in September 2006. There may be something else that works well too, but I really like the results I have gotten with the Monty's. The cheapest place I have found it online is at www.howardstores.com. I also found a website that has rose advice that I like-www.RosesAdvisor.com. It doesn't talk about Monty's, but it has a lot of good tips. Hope that helps.

Toolman - Idaho, Zone "4a"

Patches  Send Patches a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 01:54 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I've used Monty's Joy Juice in the past, and I would have to agree with Stan because I saw no difference in the plants I used it on and the ones I didn't.

Patches - Illinois, Zone "Zone 6"

Mimi  Send Mimi a private message!

Supporting Member

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 05:14 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Stan
Hope you are feeling well!

Wish we had a Chemistry section for all these tips tricks & tonics we try on our lil darlings we love so much... or do we & I am too blonde to notice where?
Have heard of Monty's . Is that like root blast?. ( bravest adventure I ever tried was 10-60-10 and a worm farm._

Mimi - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 11:32 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi Mimi and Patches! The only special additions I use to my normal fertilizing are: Epsom Salts, Kelp & Alfalfa Meal and Superthrive. I have noticed a real difference in my bare root and new plantings using the Superthrive. I soak the bareroot roses in it, then use the soaking water to water the roses in when planting them. Don't get me wrong. Monty's Joy Juice is probably a good product, I just did not see any change in the results I get with my normal program to warrant me buying it to change up my feeding program.

Stan the Roseman

Patches  Send Patches a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 07:08 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Stan, besides compost, I also use Epsom Salts and Alfalfa Pellets on my plants. I've never really cared for roses, so I don't grow any, except for my 'Nearly Wild Roses'. Actually, maybe Monty's is good stuff, but I just wasn't impressed with it.

Patches - Illinois, Zone "Zone 6"

Toolman  Send Toolman a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 09:50 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I know that my results with Monty's Plant Food varies from year to year, but the legumes (beans and peas) have always done well. Tomatoes and roses are usually better with it too.
We just got done harvesting corn and we had 18 rows on the cobs where we usually only get about 14 rows without the Monty's.

Toolman - Idaho, Zone "4a"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com