Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
A Good One At Last!

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » A Good One At Last! « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 06:55 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Yesterday DH and I went for a ride to see what we could find in the way of fountains. I was looking for a small one for the angel garden...one that bubbled more or less, and shallow so the birds could really use it. It really turned cold on us and tried to rain a few times...DH and I both in just light clothing because it was soooooo nice when we left home. Shortly after lunch (at the Cracker Barrel )it dropped down to 46F/7.7C and not too much fun looking at the statuary places. I guess I more or less settled for one up north...it was rather cute and angelic...guess I just didn't want to go home empty-handed! After demonstrating how cute it was (a marble ball floated on top of the bubbling water) I decided what the hey. Last night I set it up...the pump didn't work. OY! After working in the shade garden this morning I pictured myself finding a nice fountain at a nursery about 15 miles away. Oh, and the price was better by $27.00! The 'settled for' one is in the trunk and will go back 'up north' tomorrow. I had told the guy that if there was anything wrong with it I'd be bringing it back and he said, "No problem." Here's the little sweetie that will be calling to the cardinals, goldfinches, and bluebirds...

SunnyDay2Day mid-Michigan Zone 5

Susanq  Send Susanq a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 07:28 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I like it, Tanya! It'll look great with a clematis blooming behind it :)
It's nice to be happy about something - even if it takes more trouble.

SusanQ - Zone 4b-5b Wisconsin

Lulubelle  Send Lulubelle a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 08:57 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Very pretty, Tanya! I love it! I love your angel too!

Lulubelle, zone 5, Quebec, Canada

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 11:40 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks, I like this one a lot...it's cement so should be around for quite some time. The clematis behind it is just now breaking the surface...I was beginning to worry! I really like angels too Lucy. :)

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 12:37 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

So many people are adding fountains..this one is especially nice Tanya..you'll love the sound:)

Is Cracker Barrel good? When we go to Fla..they are packed and Suzymac said she met Bill there with her sister..What do u recommend:)

Monique Quebec Zone 5

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 10:17 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I hate to admit it M, but sometimes I'm a bit of a "Johnny 1 note" when it comes to CB. I did it again Monday by ordering the pancakes with blackberries (no whipped cream.) But, I thought all day about how good they were! Oh, their chicken and dumplings are a real fave too. Give 'em a try next time you're able. DH likes their potato casserole but me, not so much.

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 10:26 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks Tanya!

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 11:27 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Love the fountain and for $27.00, you stole it GIRL! GOOD JOB!

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Saks43  Send Saks43 a private message!

Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 01:08 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Absolutely love your fountain Tanya!!!!!!!! So just where abouts did you go shopping!!!!! Always willing to try to find new garden shops....

Saks43 - Michigan, Zone "5"

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 03:38 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Karalyn wrote on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 06:27 am:

Love the fountain and for $27.00, you stole it GIRL! GOOD JOB!

Ooops...I meant I saved $27 over the price of the first one I bought...sorry for the mix up.

Saks, I got this at Boehler's on Swan Creek Road where it turns into Center. If you want specific directions, I can help with that. Let me know. :) The price Was $109 plus tax.

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 11:41 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Tanya, thanks!! Have been down that way before. Aren't they located right on the big curve in the road?
Sent this on to a friend and she is rarin' to get there! LOL
Thanks again, you got quite a find there.
Sharon(Saks)

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 01:51 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Saks43 wrote on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 06:41 am:

Aren't they located right on the big curve in the road?

Yes Ma'am...exactly. They have a nice display of accoutrement/garden goodies right now from the rustic to the very formal...FUN! Hope your friend gets her heart's desire...:)

Bloomorselse  Send Bloomorselse a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 12:05 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Really like your fountain. I am hoping to make a water feature with the three square dishes I picked up on a whim this winter.

Joan New Brunswick Zone 4b

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 09:38 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks Joan...don't forget to post pictures! :) I'm saving blue glass supplement bottles in case I ever decide to do a mosaic 'whatzit'...:)

Jasminei  Send Jasminei a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 12:36 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Tanya,
I just love your new fountain! It's substantial yet so delicate and without a lot of foofoo so you notice the water.... a real beauty. It would certainly have been my choice.
Sharon

jasminei UT 5b

Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 04:18 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi Tanya, just an update, my friend and I went to a few places in and around Saginaw today then headed on down to Boehlers. Either I don't have a good memory or they have added to the greenhouses out back. We had a marvelous time and a few goodies made it into the SUV.

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 09:42 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Saks...they've added so many greenhouses haven't they?! I can remember when they were just a roadside stand selling glads and some vegetables! So GLAD you guys had a good time and took home some pretties!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com