Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
My veggie patch

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » My veggie patch « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Greth  Send Greth a private message!

Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 10:12 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

This is new - I started planting around Christmas with leftover tomatoes from my market stall.
It is situated over the septic tank overflow trenches, not very romantic, but they have constant water and nutrients. In my garden at the moment are - tomatoes- cherry, roma and some large varieties, rockmelon, rhubarb, horseradish, calendula, dwarf beans, tarragon, garlic, peas (waiting to sprout) mignonette lettuce, curly and italian parsley, gourds, coriander, lemon grass, chillis, peppers, basil, and asparagus. The tomatoes have turned into a jungle - Ive never had them grow like this before, so I planted too close. The watermelon grows 1 1/2 inches a day, and there are at least 5 melons growing madly. My son checks them twice a day to see how big they are.
Plant Forum
In my ornamental garden I have cherry, loquat, lemon, orange, mandarin and nectarine trees, more tomatoes and chillies,spring onions, thyme, chives, sage, then I have mulberries, almonds and apples in the orchard.

Greth - South Australia, Zone "?"

Lilybeetle  Send Lilybeetle a private message!

Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 10:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

How yummy and fun. Your little one is very happy.

Lilybeetle - Ontario, Zone "4B"

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 01:07 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Oh, I wish I had so much space to grow all that! I have a small garden plot. No room for watermelon, not to mention fruit and nut trees! Very nice.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com