Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Fairy Gardens

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Fairy Gardens « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Denise_tx  Send Denise_tx a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 04:50 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hope I posted this in the right section.

Ok...fairy gardens are so new to me and I am in love with them already and am really excited about making one myself.
Do any of you have any pics and ideas for me!!!! I already went out there and gathered some broken flat shells that I plan using as "pave stone", also some small wooden "stumps" and some blue marbles. The blue marbles I may either use as a "river" or just use one as a gazing ball. Not sure since I would like to add real water somewhere in there.
Also, what do you guys think...should I build my own fairy house using a small terracota pot, with twigs or should I go to the dollar store and buy one of those glazed, ceramic ones. There's a Dollar General by my house and they have them for $5 each.

Any suggestions, ideas, pics, links....are appreciated!!!
=0)

Denise_tx - Texas, Zone "Zone 9"

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 05:13 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Monique excels in this area Denise...she's utterly *magic.* Got pics M?

Sunnyday2day - Michigan, Zone "5"

Starzgarden  Send Starzgarden a private message!

Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 03:21 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi Denise,

This link has some neat ideas. Hope you find something you can use.

http://www.fairyhouses.com/pictures.htm

Starzgarden - Michigan, Zone "five"

Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 03:38 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

OOPS! Forgot to add this one.

http://users3.ev1.net/~mygarden/GFHAT.htm#TOP

My Weather
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 09:49 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Starz...thanks so much for the links!!! I really liked the 2nd one but they both served as inspiration. Here's my 1st fairy garden. I still want to add more plants and esp. some kind of ground cover and some color. The pot I used Idon't like at all, so I'll be looking for something newer over the weekend! What do y'all think????

Oh, the pathway leads to a tiny little pond where a turtle rests. I need to take a pic of that too.

My Weather
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 09:53 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Ok, here's another one that I worked on today as a last minute inspiration....

I need some ground cover for this one too.

Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 10:30 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Denise, they are adorable! You did a fantastic job. There miniature worlds are so charming.

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 04:00 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Cute stuff...can't wait to see what else you add :-)

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Perennial_girl  Send Perennial_girl a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 01:08 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Did a fantastic job, Denise! Luv the little pond! Where did you find the little mushrooms?
:) Donna

Perennial_girl - Manitoba, Zone "4/5"

My Weather
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 01:22 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks guys!

I found the mushrooms at Hobby Lobby for $2.00 each on sale! I never thought I would actually find mushrooms, got very lucky!!!

I added lights to it tonight. My dog doesn't know what make of it now. She keeps staring at. lol

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 06:39 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Very cute! $2.00 for mushrooms is a great deal! I was just posting about my drawer mini gardens. I guess they are called Fairy Gardens, but I might not have fairies in it. Heehee.

So we'll see what I end up with. One of the garden nurseries sold blue tumbled glass. Now that was spendy to me when it is $3.00 a lb. A lb adds up quickly with the glass.

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com