Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Any chance for survival!

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Any chance for survival! « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mokieebears  Send Mokieebears a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 06:47 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

MY KIDS TRAMPLED MY GARDEN!!!!!
They ran through it and broke most of my green pepper plants that had peppers coming in and a lot of my cabbage leaves were broke off. They also snapped some of my cherry tomato plants. Do you think there is any chance of getting new pepper and tomato's to grow this year. I removed all the damaged stems and leaves. This is such a shame...I was taking such good care of everything and it always puts a smile on my face in the morning to see everything progressing. :( :( :(

Mokieebears - Missouri, Zone "6a"

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 11:17 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It is still early in the season, so if the main stem and roots are fine, you should still see peppers and tomatoes. Tomatoes grow very fast once the weather gets hot, so don't fret. You will have monsters before you know it. It is also fine to replant now if you think you must replace them. I will not even plant for another couple weeks and my fall frosts will come before yours.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 02:25 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Sorry to hear that, Jacqueline. Yes, still plenty of time. Most of my vegetable seedlings are not even in the real earth yet, mostly due to excessive rain. Shame that it happened, but you can rebound with a few purchases and letting the tomatoes go nuts with growth as things get warmer.

;-)

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Michael  Send Michael a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 12:52 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hello, all i am new to the gardening thing but i really enjoy it. I was wondering if there was eneyway}}}} possible to grow avacodoes in up state N.Y. I was born and raised in Texas but moved up here to God's country. Growing up in Texas i learned to love them, but up here come to find out they are really expensive what you could get in Texas like 4 for a dollar, up here you will pay a dollar fifty or a dollar sixty five a pice which to me thats crazy. Thank you for eney infomation you can give in help me with this problem....p.s. I dont have a green house (thanks again)}}}}

Michael - Rome, New York, Zone "?"

Euphorbphreak  Send Euphorbphreak a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 01:59 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Michael,

I'm afraid you're out of luck. Avacados are tropical trees and none are hardy below 25F. More at http://www.organicgardening.com/feature/0,7518,s-2-28-714,00.html

David, the other CA, 10/17

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com