Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
My First Lawn Ornaments *sigh*

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » My First Lawn Ornaments *sigh* « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charlenenj  Send Charlenenj a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 12:50 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Never thought I'd get lawn ornaments! It started with my daughter grabbing a bunny she couldn't resist at a local nursery:

Today, however, I had to go on a small shopping spree due to some trauma resulting from my gloriosa daisies morphing into mums (don't ask). Here's our Welcoming Froggie, on the post of the accent picket fence at the end of the driveway:

Here's the other one I got:

Um...it seemed cute at the store at the time, but now...it kind of scares me. It's a fat Asian boy baby in a kimona. I'm thinking this will be transferred to the back of the house and he can rest in the back among the shade garden plants, like the Kirengoshema Palmata, ferns and bleeding hearts.

Charlenenj - New Jersey, Zone "6b"

Gardenfiend  Send Gardenfiend a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 09:10 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Anyway, the frog really seems to belong on the fence. Not so sure about that baby either, though...

Gardenfiend - Germany, Zone "7a"

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 09:40 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Charlene, that is definitely the best kind of rabbit to have in one's garden! I like some garden decor...adds personality.

Sunnyday2day - Michigan, Zone "5"

Suebee  Send Suebee a private message!

Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 11:54 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Charlene,
Your bunny is my favorite! Have you seen Monique's bunny garden? Check it out in her cottage garden album, it is adorable :)

Suebee - California, Zone "7a "

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 06:21 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Your baby would look nice with a water feature near it. japanese flavor. I like your idea of the shade plants around it.

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Moomadness  Send Moomadness a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 05:52 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You could paint it to give it a warmer look(ASIAN BOY).Water features sounds good by a fountain or bamboo

Moomadness - Texas, Zone "9"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 05:14 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I will become concerned only when I see plastic pink flamingos and deer in your front yard. ;-)

NTTIAWWPPF

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Freddie  Send Freddie a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 07:10 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I like the way you have the Asian boy sat in your garden as is! I like the way the plants around him offset him. He kind of grows on you when you study him. I like the frog and rabbit too, although I am more into rust and junk recycled.

You got it Charles! No plastic deer or pink flamingo's!

Freddie - Nevada, Zone "4"

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 09:39 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Charles wrote on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 03:26 pm:

I will become concerned only when I see plastic pink flamingos and deer in your front yard. ;-)

Um...what about baby chicks (plucked just yesterday)?

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 09:48 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Freddie wrote on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 05:22 pm:

I like the way you have the Asian boy sat in your garden as is! I like the way the plants around him offset him. He kind of grows on you when you study him.

Oh darn. Well, I chickened out with keeping him in that spot and now he is in the backyard surrounded by some cool shade plants and he seems happier. Thing is....we are so used to perfect baby faces that when it looked weathered he started to look scary. At one point, he looked like the baby being carried around by the devil in the movie The Passion. I've replaced him with this Asian Lady-Farmer. She's very heavy cement and is wearing a long kimino and is standing with a garden spade. I'm having second thoughts again. I just can't seem to get the right thing for this spot.

I'm not sure if she seems strange. But...maybe that would be pot:kettle since I'm the one posting pictures of my lawn ornaments over the Internet on the 4th of July. LOL.

Cheers!

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 11:19 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I like the Asian Lady-Farmer. The chicks are cool. Patty must love them.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com