Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Thank you Charles

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Thank you Charles « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 11:25 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have wanted to grow asparagus for years but never got around to actually getting a bed in the ground. Thanks to Charles for the inspiration and the wonderful asparagus crowns, I am now the proud owner of an asparagus bed. There are two varieties, one purple and one green. I sacrificed most of my hollyhocks and my nasturtiums to prepare the bed.

THANKS CHARLES!

The trench was dug and the soil amended with compost and leaf mulch.

The critters, I mean crowns, have been placed in the ground.

Covered up and ready to sprout.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 08:05 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You are very welcome, Greg. I hope that we are looking forward to decades of SuperMale Plus and Purple Passion.

Pictures from Miller Nurseries, those who produced the crowns:
Plant ForumPlant Forum

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Greth  Send Greth a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 10:55 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have two asparagus beds, one in the front, which gets no water, and the asparagus here are producing large lovely shoots. The one in the veggie patch looks 9/10 dead, I;m still holding out hope, but not much

Greth - South Australia, Zone "?"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com