Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Eggplant 2

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Eggplant 2 « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 09:56 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 11:01 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Great shots Charles! I love the leaf and the last one of the little eggyplanty.

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 11:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well, I must say, Charles...those are awesome shots!

Sunnyday2day - Michigan, Zone "5"

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 12:24 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Pictures 3 and 5 are a little "shabby," but I hope to do better in the future. I am just thrilled to be able to do relatively high resolution pictures here at GB. Thank you. You are both such sweet ladies.

Kniphofia  Send Kniphofia a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 01:41 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I agree, fantastic shots Charles!

Kniphofia - Maine, Zone "4"

Periwinkle  Send Periwinkle a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 02:16 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I think eggplant is the most attractive vegetable of all; and your photos are terrific Charles!

(We planted a variety of eggplant in our new fenced-in garden- the owner of the little garden center down the road from us said that this variety has the most beautiful flowers and she uses them in hanging baskets).

Denise--Northern Wisconsin, Z3b Click to hear a voice greeting from Periwinkle

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 12:31 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Spectacular! And you have fruit already!!! WOW!

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 01:25 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks guys! I think eggplant and their flowers are very beautiful. I am growing three varieties, Denise: Japanese, Italian and Bianca di Rosa. I have noticed that the Japanese, which are long and slender, are early producers, especially if you buy them as organic seedlings from tastefulgarden.com. I cannot wait for eggplant parmesan! And do not forget baba ghanoush, Greg. There are all sorts of yummy recipes:

http://www.aubergines.org/recipes.php (3117 eggplant recipes)

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/iff/news.asp?cat=70

http://www.science.uva.nl/~mes/recipe/gale/vegetables/eggplant-coll.html

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 02:34 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks for the recipe links Charles. Making me hungry here. I will share a link for my cousin's Eggplant Seafood Casserole. You could substitute any meat if seafood isn't your thing. I grew up eating something similar but just made with groundmeat and no tomatoes. But his recipe is the *deluxe* version.
http://www.homestead.com/larry74/rxeggplantcass.html and a link to the index in case you want to see more recipes.http://www.homestead.com/larry74/Kitchen2.html This is a site my brother maintains and he gets recipes from family and friends so they are all tried and true.

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 03:43 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Cool, Suzy! I love Cajun food! Thank you.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com