Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Garlic Scape

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Garlic Scape « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 01:48 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

These are fantastic in stir-fries:

For more on my garlic's progress, go to:

http://www.charles.gardenbuddies.com/gallery/album02

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 09:49 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

And they are a thing of beauty!!Even as a garnish..that I eat afterwards.

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 06:57 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Great pics and garlic Charles. George, Harry and Mary look like they are keeping an eye out for any garlic loving pests. I suppose its too late to plant some now huh? Next year I will have to try it.

I looked at your other pics too..sneaky girl that I am. Where's the rest of the greenhouse?

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 02:17 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

For the 4th, I made a ziti pasta salad and added finely chopped garlic scape, to go with barbecued boneless country style ribs and roasted corn on the cob. Mmmmmmmmm!

Garlic are like tulips, Suzy. You plant cloves before the first frost in the fall. You can plant "Green Garlic" in the summer and, although you will not get the bulbs that we all love, you will get some very tasty shoots:

http://thegarlicstore.com/index.cgi/Newsletters/Newsletterlist/Summer2003.h tml

That's OK...I get on well with sneaky girls.

I hope to post pictures of the greenhouse soon. Today I will probably put its door on. I also have to find and/or make some shelving and a potting bench.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com