Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Guess what?

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Guess what? « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 09:50 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It's GARLIC TIME! It's 2 or 3 weeks earlier than last year.

More pictures here:

http://web.mac.com/gregcook/iWeb/Garden%202006/July%209%20GARLIC.html

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 10:04 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Looks great, Greg! I just went through your gallery. Mine will be harvested soon. Did you sample the edible roots? I washed my garlic last year, but later read that it is supposed to just be dried. Your opinion? Congratulations on such a bountiful harvest!

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Ej  Send Ej a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 11:04 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Looks great Greg. I love grilled garlic with a little olive oil drizzled over it.

Ej So.Cal. Zone 10a Click to hear a voice greeting from Ej

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 11:04 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I forgot about the edible roots! I should go grab them from the garden where I left them. As far as washing, you see the tub I used. I just basically filled that with water and rinsed off my garlic in it. We have heavy clay black dirt that I try to wash off before I dry it. Rinsing them off when you pull it out of the ground won't hurt anything. After that I would be hesitant to get them wet as you want the skin to dry and sort of separate from the cloves and you don't want mold to form.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com