Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Rocks & glass

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Rocks & glass « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kniceone  Send Kniceone a private message!

My Garden Journal
My Weather
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:04 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

This is my dish of rocks - I love the craggy look and neat textures.
Plant Forum
These are old hydro pole insulators and I love it when the sun shines on them.
Plant Forum

Jodi, ONT, Z4, Great White North Click to hear a voice greeting from Kniceone

Kniphofia  Send Kniphofia a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 01:47 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I love those rocks Jodi!

Kniphofia - Maine, Zone "4"

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 07:28 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I love rocks too. I am probably the only person in the world who would go to a garage sale and buy a rock. But last year there was a young boy with some that he prized and he was selling them to make some extra money. I thought they were beautiful so bought a few! They are sitting on disply in the middle of my dinette set! You've got some cool ones there. I like the insulators too :-)

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Freddie  Send Freddie a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 08:08 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You have some WONDERFUL rocks! What a great way to display them! Did you pick those up in your area? I love rocks! I love junk! I like the way you've displayed your insulators, too!

Freddie - Nevada, Zone "4"

Craftygardener  Send Craftygardener a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 08:45 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have a basket full of rocks on my deck as well. They are ones that we have collected or bought. I've been know to buy rocks from sales as well. Each year in August we go to Bancroft, ON where they have the Rockhound Gemboree ... gorgeous displays of rocks.

Craftygardener - Ontario, Zone "5b Canadian"

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 09:00 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Jodi, thanks for the ideas. :) I have several of the insulators that I will try to use more creatively now... Your rock collection is pretty...wish I had a few more pretty ones.

Sunnyday2day - Michigan, Zone "5"

Starzgarden  Send Starzgarden a private message!

Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 09:21 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

My Dad was a bit of a rock collector,Jodi and always brought back something interesting for me when he and my Mom went on vacation. Love your use of the insulators. Another great GB idea!

Starzgarden - Michigan, Zone "five"

Kniceone  Send Kniceone a private message!

My Garden Journal
My Weather
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 12:11 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks everyone for the wonderful compliments but I can't take credit for the work. I had the rocks just laying around the bench and my neighbour came up with the saucer idea. The rocks come from all over the world - my cousin was a geologistand prospector and brought me many treasures over the years. The orange one with black netlike markings on it is from Africa. I love rocks - I'm passionate about them. The insulators were a whim purchase at a garage sale many years ago and I finally figured out a use for them this year. With time and sun exposure they should deepen in color. I have another one (lavender) but it's packed away and I haven't found it yet. When I do it will be added.

Jodi, ONT, Z4, Great White North Click to hear a voice greeting from Kniceone

Freddie  Send Freddie a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 02:39 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have large rocks on the ledge all around my deck that we have picked up or geologists have brought me from deep in a pit. We live in mining country, so there are a lot of unique rocks here. I had a geologist from Australia bring me a sample - with tags of rock names and places on each rock - from every mine in Australia. I cried like a baby! We pick up rocks wherever we go! That is our souvenirs! I have a list of all the rocks, their names, the date and place we picked them up. It is fun to go through in the winter when you can't get outside! Bet you were thrilled with the rock from Africa!

Freddie - Nevada, Zone "4"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com