Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Muskmelons starting, and something else.

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Muskmelons starting, and something else. « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tomsmith  Send Tomsmith a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 09:05 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Poking around in the garden today and spotted some muskmelons.

This muskmelon must have been lonely, he invited a friend over.

Not sure what strain of muskmelon this is, but it's cute, I think I'll keep it.

Tomsmith - ohio, Zone "5a or 5b"

Mary  Send Mary a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 04:03 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That last one looks like a keeper for sure :)

Mary - Minnesota, Zone "4"

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 09:35 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Oh, I love muskmelon. Please let us know how the turn out!

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Andy_p  Send Andy_p a private message!

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 01:56 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Tom, My Cantaloupe are starting to flower. They just sat there during all the rain last month, this heat has got them growing now. No little melons yet, though.

Andy_p - MA, Zone "6b"

My Weather
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 07:40 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks all, don't know if it's beginners luck or what, but I hope it continues :-)

And I know what you're going through andy, we've had soooo much rain the last month and a half, we're still having flooding problems around the city. But don't worry, your melons will start soon enough.

And Greg, remember when you said I have plenty of room to let the vines sprawl out on the grass? Well, I'm almost out of room, they're going to be in the front yard soon if they keep growing like they are, lol, have one vine about 15ft long and some others not far behind.

Have a couple pics, first is my biggest muskmelon, second is the biggest watermelon. At last count there are 8 muskmelons going and 7 watermelons(that I can see anyway).

The corn should be done in the next couple days, or so I hope, want to take them down and let the melons have a bit more room and sun. I'll post some pics when they are.

My Weather
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 08:00 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Almost forgot, the melon pictured above is the same one pictured first in my "corn/melons at 5 weeks" post.

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 08:13 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

The melon looks great, Tom! If they remain that healthy, I am sure that you are well on your way to a great harvest. Isn't growing things you can eat fun?

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com