Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Zucchini question

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Zucchini question « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dazie  Send Dazie a private message!

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:01 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have some zukes that have EXPLODED onto the scene in the past few days. One is beautiful- Raven variety, dark green and gorgeous. The other is beautiful too- Clairmont variety, but pale green- is that how it's supposed to look?

I'd say it's about honeydew melon green.

Dazie - Kansas, Zone "5?"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:33 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Are you sure about the name, Dazie? I did a google search and could not find "Clairmont" Zucchini.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 11:03 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well, whatever the light green one was, I didn't get to eat it. I sliced it open last night and some creepy crawly had bored inside it and propigated. Talk about heebie jeebies! GROSS!

Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 11:55 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

:( Whatever it was that got into my zuke seems to have taken out an entire plant. What was simply wilted yesterday (I assumed because of the heat) is now yellowed and flopped over today.

Wretched creepy crawlies.

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 04:13 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It wasn't one of these, was it?

http://www.uky.edu/Ag/Entomology/entfacts/veg/ef314.htm

They usually attack the stems near the ground, not the fruit. But I suppose it can happen.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 05:14 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

eew. It looks like the big maggoty thing that was in my squash, and the plant has the earmarks that are described in the article.

Stupid bugs.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com