Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Pepper tips

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Pepper tips « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tracey_walser  Send Tracey_walser a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 09:17 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Someone told me recently that you should cut off the first pepper (she confused me so I'm not sure she meant the first to show up or the first one from the bottom) on each plant to help increase the number and health of the rest of the peppers on the plant. Anyone ever heard of this? I've just spent a couple hours researching and reading and can find nothing about this.

This lady usually has the best looking veggies so I figure she knows what she's talking about but she may be the only one! *grin*

Any info would be appreciated.

Tracey_walser - Germany, Zone "Zone 6"

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 08:53 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have never cut off any peppers. I suppose the thinking here is that if you take off the first fruit to develop, it helps the plant become stronger to produce more later. Personally, with peppers, I don't think it will make a difference.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 04:20 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have been growing all sorts of varieties of peppers for years and have never heard or read that.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Tracey_walser  Send Tracey_walser a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 08:14 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Ok thanks a bunch guys!
Greg is probably right. Just a theory.
Certainly wanted another opinion before I started cutting off baby peppers! They are looking great and I don't want to bother them. :)

Thanks again!

Tracey_walser - Germany, Zone "Zone 6"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com