Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Where is your favorite ...

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Where is your favorite ... « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suebee  Send Suebee a private message!

Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 03:31 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

place to find garden treasures?

I am not all that crafty (sigh) but love adding unique things to the yard, especially bunnies and birds. Would love to see and hear about your favorites too.

Suebee - California, Zone "7a "

Periwinkle  Send Periwinkle a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 10:44 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Have you tried a Menards or Home Depot? Our Menards has some really neat repro. urns and pots plus they have garden statuary.

Boy! Whoever invented the resins for garden containers and statues is a genius!

Denise--Northern Wisconsin, Z3b Click to hear a voice greeting from Periwinkle

Blue_moon  Send Blue_moon a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 11:17 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

where are you in ca? if northern perhaps i can point you in a few well worn directions...

Blue_moon - ca, Zone "9"

Suebee  Send Suebee a private message!

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 11:11 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Denise,
I'm not familiar with Menards, but I just happen to be visiting a "city" with a Home Depot this week I will definitely be taking a look at planters, I am quite inspired after looking at Marsha's (birdgarden) containers. Thank you!

Jain,
I love visiting your garden through your album. What you have accomplished is amazing I seem to think that you are near Fairfield (?) Not sure if I read that, or just imagined! I am in Eastern Ca. very rural, not too many choices to shop. However, I do get around the state from time to time and plan to be in the bay area (and maybe Sac. too) this Fall. If you know of any neat places point me that away! Thanks.

Anyone out there have a favorite on-line site to shop for garden decorations?

Suebee - California, Zone "7a "

Blue_moon  Send Blue_moon a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 10:03 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Suebee wrote on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 09:23 pm:

I am in Eastern Ca.

gosh as a ca native i have never heard anyone say east... n&s yes, but east has stumped me! where do you live, east is a long line! i am in vacaville, near fairfield. thank you for your compliment too!
there are many great places for garden decor, from ross, marshall's, tj max and joannes fabrics, all cheap and all unique things you need to hunt through. target has terrific stuff in early spring, now its all sold out, walmart, lowes, orchard supply and home depot all worth seeking out too. don't forget costco and sams club, but they have it all come in spring, i suppose its xmas there by now...
if you go to sacramento look at pottery world, too expensive but SOOOOOOOOO worth it, plan to have lunch there and dine on the patio and enjoy the 100s of fountains and pretend you are in europe, its my favorite day destination and lunch is very reasonable and delicious! if you come on a weekend, go to denios farmers market, its a huge flea market, i got lots of my fab garden things for 30% the cost of them at other places. have not been this year, but they had 4 garden stores and we got terrific prices by bargaining. capital nursery is worth seeing too...
i don't need to shop online, i can get in enough trouble at home, but smith and hawkins, jackson perkins and toscano are worth checking into.

Blue_moon - ca, Zone "9"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com