Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Watermelons

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Watermelons « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tomsmith  Send Tomsmith a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 11:45 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

well, i think the watermelons are gonna be a wash this year. only have 4 melons out of 5 plants, and i'm not sure how long the vines are gonna last, they aren't looking very healthy at all :-( all the other melons that were growing have died. Not sure why, i've fed and watered them like i should. such a shame after how well they were doing.

On a good note, the muskmelons are doing pretty good, have 10 good sized ones, and at least 5 more that have just started in the last few days.

The corn finished last week, but didn't turn out as well as i had hoped, ears looked awesome but the flavor left something to be desired. And speaking of corn, a friend of mine has some going, but the stalks and ears are looking strange, they are turning kind of reddish purple, almost magenta. Anyone know what might cause this? I'll try and get some pics of it tomorrow when i go over and i'll post them monday if i have time.

Tomsmith - ohio, Zone "5a or 5b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com