Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Three Kinds Of Cherries

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Three Kinds Of Cherries « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 10:00 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Picking these Sweet Baby Girl, Sun Gold & Black Cherry Tomatoes will now be an every other day rewarding chore.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 02:23 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I'm always a few steps behind you. Cherries are just now beginning to turn red. I had a few here and there, but the big crop is still on the verge. Those Black cherries are so interesting. You would never guess tomato unless you knew. I would say grape...

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 04:09 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

The blacks are great, because, not only are they rather large for a cherry tomato and very sweet, but really slow to split, should you miss a few here and there. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in growing cherry tomatoes or wanting to try a new variety.

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 09:13 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Funny, I really don't like to eat cherry tomatoes for some reason. I don't know why. I think it's the texture of those small things full of that icky seed juice popping in my mouth. I do like the taste, but have a hard time eating them. Nevertheless, those look gorgeous. I know DW is drooling at the picture.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 04:48 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Shear cherry tomato blasphemy, Greg! I think that you should experiment with different varieties. Of the four that I am growing, each has a different taste, level of sweetness, juiciness and texture. You might like the black cherries.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com