Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Tassles finally..Corn to follow

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Tassles finally..Corn to follow « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 03:38 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 12:58 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That looks so healthy, Suzy! I have never tried growing corn, but I really admire your effort to establish a corn sales stand in front of your home. I can already envision this fall.

Plant Forum

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 01:09 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

hehehehehehehehehe Maybe if I sell enough I can buy a greenhouse!!!! By the way...I like my new body. The corn diet must agree with me!!

You must try corn Charles. Very easy. stick your finger in the dirt to make a hole..plop in the kernel..wait forever and tadaaa..corn. I have heard the trick is to plant the rows very close so they can do their pollination thing.

My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 03:26 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Just teasing. Glad you liked it. I think that you are a sweetie and your DH is a lucky fellow.

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 09:09 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Corn looks great! I just had some from our local farmer's market this week and it was delicious. I've tried to grow it in my small garden, but found I got too little corn for the space, so I just buy it locally. Yours looks great! Where I grew up in SW Michigan a popular summer job for kids was detassling corn for the local feed corn growers. What a hot sticky job in the middle of summer!

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 06:02 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Greg wrote on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 07:21 am:

What a hot sticky job in the middle of summer!

I think we have another episode of "Dirty Jobs"! I love that show.

For my small family of two we got enough last year to satisfy our fresh corn fix. If I had to feed much more than that, it would hardly be worth the space or effort. It is fun to see it grow though.

Charles wrote on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 01:38 am:

your DH is a lucky fellow

(But I will remind him of that when the occasion arises!) Currently, since we are technically Newlyweds (at least for another month), he doesn't need reminding that often. I'm still a novelty. Come to think of it I am just goofy enough that hopefully I always will be

My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 06:23 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Oh, I did not realize that. Congratulations!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 06:35 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well lets not stretch it and get all sappy or anything! Its been almost two years now. I was just going by the Newleywed Game's two year criteria.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com