Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
More things to come

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » More things to come « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 03:25 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Cucumber finally? The first few were duds..turned yellow then shriveled up. This one seems to be going for the finish line. It's Straight Eight

Tomatoes on 'Fabulous'

California Wonder - I hope they keep going...

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 05:15 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It all looks great, Suzy! Do you use a trellis of some sort for the cucumbers to climb? I know that some people let them grow on the ground, but I do not think the results are as good. Your Fabulous is fabulous and the peppers look like they just need more time. I am happy to see garden buddies growing vegetables.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 06:35 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Charles wrote on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 03:27 pm:

Do you use a trellis of some sort for the cucumbers to climb?

No, I didn't. I ended up with only one cucumber plant out of several and to be honest I have not given it the attention it probably deserves. It was resting on the wooden edge of the raised vegetable bed, but I moved it to the position it's in (on the dirt) because I thought it might get more sun. It's planted right by the corn and now that it's getting big I think it's shading the cucumber at some points in the day. Next year I do think I will try to trellis them and change the location. I grew these from seed started out of doors, so that is another reason they are slower perhaps.

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 01:41 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Looks great, Suzy! The tomatoes will ripen before too long. They look perfectly unblemished. My peppers have been very sad this year.

Here you can see my cucumbers climbing the back of my green fence. I used this fence for the peas in the spring and let the cukes take it over in the summer.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com