Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Copia, Goliath & Garden Peach

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Copia, Goliath & Garden Peach « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 04:46 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Copia is a very juicy and flavorful variety, a cross between two Heirlooms, Green Zebra and Marvel Stripe. A new tasteful variety! Named for "Copia" the American Center for Food, Wine and the Arts in Napa California.

Goliath are giant red beefsteak tomatoes that grow on huge vines, an heirloom from the late 1800's. This one just happens to be a bit small. Dark pink and slightly ribbed, they are meaty and have few seeds. Most fruits are 1-2 lbs.

Garden Peach is an heirloom colored like a peach and has a sweet mild flavor. Fruits are 2-4 oz. and the vines are prolific and very easy to grow in poor soil. The skins are soft and actually feel like suede.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "A malleable 4b"

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 05:04 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Yummmmmmmmmmm! Copia looks like my kind of tomato! But I am very curious about Garden Peach. Hungry for tomatoes now..I will go be satisfied by my Siberia.....which are by the way improving in taste as the summer goes on. Earlier on they were way more mild. Ruby has been giving me a few too. Actually, the ID on Ruby is either wrong or currants are bigger than I thought they were.

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 05:24 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

They all taste great, each in their own way. You should give the Garden Peach a try next year, Suzy.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "A malleable 4b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com