Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Yesterday's Vegetable Harvest :-)

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Yesterday's Vegetable Harvest :-) « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 05:16 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Five Italian, three Japanese and three Bianca di Rosa eggplants, fifteen Japanese, one Lemon and one English cucumbers, Copia, Roma, Goliath, Black Pear, Garden Peach, Sweet Baby Girl Cherry, Sun Gold Cherry, Tommy Toe Cherry and Black Cherry Tomatoes, eight Sweet Banana peppers and one Corno di Toro. Not too shabby for one day.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "A malleable 4b"

Jak3  Send Jak3 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 05:25 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Don't you just love this time of year? All of these look/sound delicious! We are eating beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, beets and carrots fresh from the garden now, and the garlic is drying nicely.

Jak3 - Ontario, Zone "4/5"

My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 01:35 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi, Julie, and thank you. It sounds like you have quite a few veggies going yourself. I love this time of year and it is certainly hard to beat fresh from the garden.

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 11:07 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

They're all beautiful Charles..I have been thinking ..what do you use to keep bugs away? they look so perfect..all of them..

Monique Quebec Zone 5

My Garden
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 05:05 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thank you, Monique. As I grow organically, I use chemical free approaches, such as directly murdering the bugs (Suzy's preferred method...LOL) and neem oil worked into the soil and sprayed as a solution. ;-)

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 07:03 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

No No..you must have misunderstood...I said SLUGSSSSSS not bugs. Although I have been known to murder a few bugs in my day, just by other methods. Unlike you I do at times resort to a slow torturous poisoning.

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 12:39 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I am sure that slug rights activists will be just as upset by your remarks as their bug counterparts.

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 01:44 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

No doubt.....

While they are picketing my house hopefully some of them will rescue the creatures and take them to a slug/bug sanctuary.

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 08:14 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Looks Yum! saw someone on tv slice their Eggplant then, sprinkle salt on it for an hour to get that ....that....out before cooking ..Does that work?

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 10:36 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

that....that would be the excess water along with some of the bitter alkaloids. Yes, it works well. Also, eggplant should be very well cooked to avoid the bitter taste.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 11:01 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

thanks. Martha Stewart just had a nice pasta combo in her email tonite. IMAGINE! Martha! Emailing Me! Mimi! lol. Looking at this photo above looks like what she had to make. Will try.

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com