Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
What statue MUST you have?

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » What statue MUST you have? « Previous    Next »

Subtopic
Gardener
Archive through September 02, 2006Serenitybench20 09-02-06  11:04 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 10:34 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Flora is beautiful..And she lives in a magical place,flora and fauna friendly..

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Starzgarden  Send Starzgarden a private message!

Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 10:51 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Pauline, Louisa is enchanting! I love the idea of a light shining on her in the evenings. Still perusing your lovely albums. So much to see!

Starzgarden - Michigan, Zone "five"

Starzgarden  Send Starzgarden a private message!

Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 10:55 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Jain, Flora is exquisite and your amazing gardens the perfect home for her!Wonderful pics!

Starzgarden - Michigan, Zone "five"

Polyanthus  Send Polyanthus a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:06 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Jain, thanks for getting me back to this site. I had joined a long time ago, but haden't posted anything. Your Flora is breathtakingly beautiful! I also visited your garden albums and they are simply gorgeous.
Thanks to Starz and Monique for kind words, my gardening has suffered this year, overdid it last year having my garden on two major garden tours in Wilmington, and got totally burned out. (also headed up the Fall Art in the Gardens Tour which I started here in Wilmington in 2003), but now I am getting back into other things I enjoy also, but just staying in touch with my gardening friends too.
I love decorating and decorated gardens delight me, glad to find you all here.
Pauline

Polyanthus - North Carolina, Zone "8 "

Polyanthus  Send Polyanthus a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:15 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Serenity, we arrived here in Wilmington in March of 1997, had our house built and moved into it in November of 1997, so we missed Fran, but have had experience with all the others. None of which forced us to evacuate and gladly damage was minimal to us in all of our nasty hurricanes. Looking on the positive side, they do help with thinning out stuff and blowing down weak branches, etc--- nature's pruning! We sit about 25' above sea level on basically sandy soil, so large quantities of water are not a problem either., although some of my friends less than a mile away sit on clay and end up with soggy yards. Hmmm for restaurants, we have the notable status now as having more restaurants percapita than any town in NC! Guess it is because of tourists and students who probably don't count in our base population figures (UNCW has a campus here)---there are new places to eat opening up almost daily and we now have 3 Thai food places (when I got here we had none), so depending on what type cuisine you are interested in, we can find nearly anything to eat. Blue Water Grill on Wrightsville Beach has the most awesome backfin lump crabmeat crab cakes I have ever had and we "know: crabcakes having moved here from the MD/VA area! Blue Water Grill has had several owners since we have been here, and mostly their food has been marginal at best, but recently, it and their service has been extrememly good.
Check them out next time you visit.

Polyanthus - North Carolina, Zone "8 "

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:36 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Polyanthus, your place is devine. Wish I had that kind of budget to work with. Your area is loverly there. Love driving down through town with the Moss hanging from the trees and the Magnolias are wonderful. Have to finish looking at your album. you take great photos. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a magazine. If you ever make it up to Topsail, Its a nice drive, All new now. thanks to Fran and then Bertha back to back. But. you are correct, I guess its natures way. Sadly. Hope you have a pretty weekend, nice to meet you.

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Blue_moon  Send Blue_moon a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 12:12 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

thank you ladies about flora, she is my true love, she faces the back of my house so i gaze at her 100s of times a day from dawn until dark. monique made her float in h20 and i use that pic as my desktop, i just never ever tire of her.
mimi she came from a fantastic store here called pottery world. it must be an acre of 1000s of statues and fountains larger then life, its also a design center with wonderful decorator furniture and a great little restaurant. its like going to europe, i love to make it a day trip when i need a pick me up. my husband is thrilled it doesn't require a passport.
pauline you keep so busy, your photos just show a very richly woven life, its a wonderful pastime to while away a few hours at your photobucket. i loved seeing your carnivale pics. i have wanted to see maine for ages, i appreciated how you pointed out your hotel. so much to see, each day i will try to sneak in 5 albums. i am glad you shared your time here, i hope you can keep posting, you have so much energy and style it just exudes from your posts.

Blue_moon - ca, Zone "9"

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 01:12 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You ladies have just NO idea how lucky and blessed you are to have such things. Just to have the places that CARRY that kind of things would be unheard of here even in the next 50 years. POTTERY WORLD must be that place they show on television make over shows that I alway whine about. I would have to work there for statues. Photos of Flora take your breath. Each of you have loverly things .

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 12:12 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Very Nice, Blue Moon! I would be totally shocked to if my husband brought that home for me also.

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Sueanne  Send Sueanne a private message!

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 02:31 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I love statues too. I have this double decker birdbath on my front lawn. Each year I change the flowers around its base. Planted marigold seeds this year that were spectactular.
Enjoying seeing everyones statues. Plant Forum

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

}

Sueanne - Florida, Zone "9"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com