Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Cucumbers and Corn

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Cucumbers and Corn « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 03:20 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I look like a cucumber flunkie next to Charles, but here is my first pick!! Wooohoooo!

And my corn coming along...

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 05:16 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You shine in my book, Suzy!!! It looks like an excellent cucumber to me. Going in the salad tonight? Your corn looks great too!

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "A malleable 4b"

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 08:28 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Awwwwwwww thanks Charles. Yes...well probably it WILL be the salad for me. DH doesn't like them so its mine all mine!

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 08:56 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It DOES look good, Suzy! I sliced some cucumbers tonight and and will eat them with my homemade yogurt and onions. I soak the onions in ice water for a while to crisp them and take the bite off. The cucmbers were salted and rinsed well, then crisped back up in ice water. The salting pulls out excess moisture and keeps it from "diluting" my yogurt.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 09:16 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Greg I love Cucumbers prepared like that too. I have done it with sour cream though, but I bet the yogurt would be great. I bought some more yogurt to make cheese and I am going to reserve a little bit to try making my own yogurt.

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 11:02 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Suzyqt1968 wrote on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 01:32 pm:

I look like a cucumber flunkie next to Charles

Oh you cracked me up:)

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com