Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
"Yard Long" Pole Beans

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » "Yard Long" Pole Beans « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 01:02 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

They will grow close to a yard, but, if you want to enjoy their best flavor, I have found that it is best to pick them at 18 to 20 inches.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "A malleable 4b"

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 11:00 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I want some!! I have never seen these..Tell me how you serve them?

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 05:16 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

They are very easy to grow, Monique. I combined them with Yellow Kentucky pole beans and julienne Parmex Parisan Market carrots and steamed them adding no seasonings, while cooking or serving, resulting in a delicate vegetable flavour. It went very well with the medium rare sirloin steak that was infused with slivers of fresh garlic prior to grilling.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "A malleable 4b"

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 05:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You're killing me:) Thank goodness I prepared something for tonight that I hope is good.:)

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com