Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Help!!! I'm so excited

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Help!!! I'm so excited « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rosesarered  Send Rosesarered a private message!

Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 02:35 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

and I don't know what to do!!!

I was ripping out my powder mildew phlox when I accidently unearth these
Plant Forum

Now I remember throwing some sprouting potatoes into the flowerbed, but when the leaves was savaged by the slugs, I clear up the whole corner and put the phlox on top. After that I totally forgotten about the potatoes.

I have showed them to my husband but he wasn't impressed....and wasn't much of a help about it being edible or not.

My question is: Can I eat these potatoes?

thanks

Rosesarered - Ennetbaden, Switzerland, Zone " 7"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 04:57 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Time to make raclette, I think.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "A malleable 4b"

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 05:28 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Charles wrote on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 03:09 pm:

Time to make raclette, I think.

One of my favorite sit around and eat and talk all night menus.

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 07:16 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Charles wrote on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 03:09 pm:

Time to make raclette, I think

Really? you mean I can boil it tomorrow? I thought new potatoes must go through some kind of dark treatment before it is consumable. I have never done it before, which is why I had to ask.

yes, soon will be raclette season. The evenings are getting chill now, but we pulled on our fleece and make the best of the BBQ. Some people make raclette even in summer, but we love the outdoor grilling....my rosemary bush is looking half its size now because we kept throwing twigs in the fire for the nice smell.

Monique wrote on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 03:40 pm:

One of my favorite sit around and eat and talk all night menus

We do that a lot Monique, esp. when it's good weather. Since the completion of the sitting area on the backyard terrace, my nextdoor neighbours congregates on my platform for happy hours in the evenings, esp one particular lady who just broke her ankle!(Ha ha!!) Harriet, if your are reading this, when your plaster is gone, it's your turn to cover us with 3months of fags and nothing but the best chardonnay!!

None of them (nor me) knew much about gardening, and they are just as chaff as I am 'bout the potatoes...

My Garden
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 07:39 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Yes, you can even eat them raw directly out of the soil once cleaned.

Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 04:57 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Raw? are you serious. I've never eaten raw potatoes before, but will cook them today just to experience the taste of real fresh edibles straight from my own garden with spring onions which also begin its life just the same as these potatoes. How exciting!!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:33 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

An acquired taste, I suppose, but, yes, you can.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com