Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Cantaloupe

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Cantaloupe « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andy_p  Send Andy_p a private message!

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 09:49 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

This has been a very good season for Cantaloupe. They can be frustrating for me.

So far there has not been a blemish or crack or bug or cat or mildew problem of any sort. (I can say that now because they are almost done.) LOL

Andy_p - Massachusetts, Zone "6b"

Suzyqt1968  Send Suzyqt1968 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 11:59 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Simply Gorgeous Andy!! I've never had a cantaloupe fresh from the garden. I can only imagine how sweet and juicy they must be.

Suzyqt1968 - Washington, Zone "7-8"

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 12:09 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks Suzy, I wish I could share them with you. They are the best I've grown in years. It's sad that they have such a short season, 3 weeks and they are done.

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 01:09 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Your lawn is Wonderful too!

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 03:08 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Those look fantastic, Andy! I have not grown them in a few years, since they seem to produce either lackluster or spectacular fruit. They certainly can be finicky, but your picture inspired me to plant some next year.

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "A malleable 4b"

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 06:56 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

We have had a wet Summer, that's the only reason the lawn looks good, plus I picked the best spot for the pic, lol.
Charles, you are so right. Some years cantaloupe fizzle, this year they are terrific. I used a lot of compost.
I'll recommend these "Little Sweeties". The flavor is as good as it gets. They are now my afternoon snack, a whole one. My dog Sarah helps me eat them. But then, she eats anything.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com