Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
*never saw one this big before!!!!!

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » *never saw one this big before!!!!! « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 11:10 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Plant Forum
Hate to eat it. lol. Got this plant at the fleamarket for $1, from the Ukraine. gave me lots of them.

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Cooper  Send Cooper a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 11:40 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Just wondering how it tasted Mimi? It's a beauty.

Cooper - NSW, Australia, Zone "Warm Temperate"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 02:52 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

That is beautiful, Mimi! I have grown some monster sized ones in my day and that it right up there with them. Next year, I am sowing some seed that promise 6 pound tomatoes, appropriately called Six Pound Giant. They were pricey at 10 seeds for $12 US. Large is also a relief when it comes to canning, much easier. At any rate, that looks like a first class tomato. Nice job!

Charles - Wisconsin, Zone "A malleable 4b"

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 09:24 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Guys, its still hangin out on the counter. I am afraid to eat it its so pretty. lol I think I am going to take it over to my Farmer Joe tomorrow He is 80 and its from his native land. He would love it. It was grown here on the property where he grew up since he was 4 .
Steve!
since you are coming into your growing season, I should send you some seeds from one and we can see how long we can keep it GROWING!!!!! Fun Fun! :)
Charles,
you are going to need crutches to keep a 6 pounder up off the ground. Nice photo you have for your picture. Looks interesting. have to see if I can find it posted larger.

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com