Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Time for cream yellow clematis.

Garden Forum » Archives » Clematis in the Garden-Archives » Clematis Archive #4- 2006 » July-September » Time for cream yellow clematis. « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ton_hannink  Send Ton_hannink a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 05:09 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

At this time of the year the following clematis species start with flowering: connata, rehderiana, veitchiana, buchaniana.
I have three of them in my garden and when I visited Roelie Saturday she had the veitchiana in flower and the scent of this clone was very strong.
Rehderiana is also very fragrant.

Clematis buchaniana
Plant Forum

Clematis connata
Plant Forum

Clematis rehderiana
Plant Forum

Clematis veitchiana
Plant Forum

Ton_hannink The Netherlands

Ingwe4  Send Ingwe4 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Garden
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 05:52 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Very nice photos Ton! I have connata and rehderiana, not in flowers yet. From your photos I find that these clematis are rather like....

Ingmarie Sweden Zone 1 USD zone 6

Heathergirl  Send Heathergirl a private message!

My Favorite Photo
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 07:00 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Rehderiana is especially beautiful! Which one has the nicest scent?

Heathergirl - County Durham, Zone "8"

Bcollingwood  Send Bcollingwood a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 07:52 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Plant Forum

Bcollingwood - Manchester, Zone "UK"

Ton_hannink  Send Ton_hannink a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 04:26 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

The veitchiana in The garden of Roelie has the nicest scent. There is a little bit difference between rehderiana and veitchiana. The leaves are the most different.

Ton_hannink The Netherlands

Roelie  Send Roelie a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 04:45 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have to controll it but I thought that the stamens of veitchiana are longer . Then I have one of Westphal also a rhederiana and that one had always a light yellow petal before the flowers.

Roelie - Overijssel, Zone "Holland"

Suzymac  Send Suzymac a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 12:47 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Beautiful flowers, Ton. I love the shape of these two, Veitchiana and Rehderiana. My Rehderiana (grown from seed and planted outdoors) did not make it through the winter, unfortunately. I especially wanted this one here. I will try to start again if I can obtain more seed.
Thank you for showing these!
Suzy

Suzymac Massachusetts zone 6-A

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 01:00 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Nice pics! I wish I could smell them!

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Bloomorelse  Send Bloomorelse a private message!

Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 06:12 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

So cute and dainty.

Bloomorelse - New Brunswick, Zone "4b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com