Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Birdbath turned Planter

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Birdbath turned Planter « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 12:18 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

Brought the topper back from Cana on the Virginia NorthCarolina border if you know it>?? Found I liked it with the birdbath. I just put a hanging basket in it.
Now.
its getting funky black on it. I sorta like it on the sides. not in the basin... can I use bleach to scrub it with out hurting the cement?

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 09:45 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Very pretty! You could use bleach as long as you make sure and rinse well. I would be more concerned about the surrounding plants with the bleach. I think I would enlist the help of some big muscles to move it to say a driveway where any bleach residue could easily just evaporate or be so dilute that it would be harmless. BTW, I did post the owl boxes in the bird forum in your thread. ;)

Sunnyday2day - Michigan, Zone "5"

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 08:44 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Maybe if I wait till Spring time, put down a huge blue tarp, you know the kind, to cover up my plants before they start to grow? Its really heavy, Its one of those things too where sooner or later moving it too man times, my luck is bound to run out. If ya know what I mean....lol
I did see the boxes? Didn't it post? I was having computer woes, maybe it didn't. huh. ! Anyways, thankyou very much. you are very lucky to have them. I ha't think he would mind.
Anyways, The boxes are just wonderful.

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 09:56 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You could seal the birdbath part with concrete sealer and that should make it easier to wash the algae stuff out. Rock salt will help also hydrogen peroxide. You don't need a lot of bleach, etc. to keep this from turning green.

I grew up with swimming pools in California as a little girl and young adult, various sizes as I grew up with my siblings. The water has never killed anything, and trust me a lot of water got splashed out onto the plants. From a lot of kids and young adults having a good time.

By sealing the concrete basin, the little holes in the concrete won't hold the algae spores and all you have to do is an easy wash out and fertilize your plants below.

You're right, every time a concrete birdbath or water fountain is moved, the % of accidents increase. As you have already found out on your own, and men aren't as careful as we would hope, due to not really wanting to move the heavy object in the first place and/or its only money and they can buy another one.

Not thinking that we would prefer to save the $ to buy another concrete feature! LOL Which to them that is just one more concrete statue they have to move around.

PS-Beautiful flowers by the way.

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Periwinkle  Send Periwinkle a private message!

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 04:06 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You didn't move that to Wisconsin, did you? :)

Denise--Northern Wisconsin, Z3b Click to hear a voice greeting from Periwinkle

Mimi  Send Mimi a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 04:34 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

nope!

Mimi - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Taramark  Send Taramark a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 03:36 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi Serenity,

Beautiful! What flowers are you using?

Corinne

Taramark - Iowa, Zone "4"

Mimi  Send Mimi a private message!

Supporting Member

My Weather
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:01 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Pee~ tunnies!

Mimi - Wisconsin, Zone "4b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com