Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Gazing balls?

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Gazing balls? « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Serenitybench  Send Serenitybench a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 02:52 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Plant ForumPlant Forum

Serenitybench - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 09:35 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Veddy, veddy intelestink, dahlink! I'm a fan here...have maybe a half a dozen or more in various forms and sizes. I never knew there were legends... A couple of my favorite are the see through glass ones that have multi-colored painted free form patterns on them. They look wonderful with a string of white Christmas lights glowing inside. :)

Sunnyday2day - Michigan, Zone "5"

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 09:42 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

kewl!!!!!
Love the accent by the by!
have a really nice Blue teardrop hanging one out at the hogpen, Love it.

Starzgarden  Send Starzgarden a private message!

Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 10:14 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Very cool pic,Mimi! I have always enjoyed the legends about gazing balls. My collection keeps growing. Your blue teardrop one sounds lovely and Tanya I am going to use your neat idea with the Christmas lights. Thanks!

Starzgarden - Michigan, Zone "five"

My Weather
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 10:23 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

have to take a pic of the teardrop. love it

Mary  Send Mary a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:57 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

My collection keeps growing too, all sizes. I have added a grouping of 3 smalls at flower level this year.
I have also heard that in Victorian times it was not seemly for a courting couple to gaze at each other, so with the aid of a gazing ball, this could be done without being unseemly.

Mary - Minnesota, Zone "4"

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 01:07 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Mary! Yes. that is the only story I knew also.
I just love them. my home where I first had them was almost a Painter Lady. 1912

Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:05 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I'd really enjoy seeing a pic of the blue teardrop one you have,Mimi.

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 08:53 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

k
its on my
honeydo list
for tomorrow
Its dark out and the boogins might get me

Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 09:09 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You are too funny,Mimi! Thanks very much. Whenever you get time is fine.

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 09:30 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 09:26 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Plant Forum

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 09:34 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Wow, Mini...I like that...different and very pretty!

Sunnyday2day - Michigan, Zone "5"

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 09:44 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

it TIS rather loverly if I do say so myself. And birds just love to leave me lil presents all over it too. They love it as much as I do

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 09:33 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks Mimi for the pic! I have been eyeballing one like that at a local shop for awhile. I can see it hanging in my office window in the wintertime.:)

Tootsie  Send Tootsie a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 12:20 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

They are all so pretty :)The first one I received was a rose color, and was rushed right away to the Victorian Garden I had just put together. Inside it's box was a paper which read:
In Victorian Times when a lady was sitting in her garden not only could she gaze at her globe to see the reflection of her beautiful garden, but only had to look at the ball to see if someone was walking up from behind her, say a young handsome suitor perhaps!

Tootsie - Michigan, Zone "5/6"

Entwife  Send Entwife a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 05:06 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi! I'm a newbie here. I have had a gazing ball on a pedestal for years, but I did not want a glass one because I have rambunctious youngsters. Instead, I got one of those giant outdoor plastic Christmas ball ornaments. I just bought a strand of three more silver ones to tuck into the garden in Spring. From the path, they look like the real thing. The only drawback is that the ball will get blown off the pedestal on very windy days.

Entwife - IL, Zone "5A"

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 11:23 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

pppsssst
my secret...
Come closer.....
let me whisper in your ear
clear bathroom tub caulk.
let that be our lil secret
Dont tell a soul!
promise!

Entwife  Send Entwife a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:04 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to wait til Spring to caulk; right now its encased in snow!

Entwife - IL, Zone "5A"

My Weather
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:22 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

ssssshhhh dont tell. But it really works.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com