Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Date plum - diospyros lotus

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Date plum - diospyros lotus « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eltel  Send Eltel a private message!

My Garden Journal
My Time
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 03:55 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have a tree in my garden but most years the fruit drops off before they get to good size and maturity (because our summers are not long or hot enough). This year we had one of THOSE record Summers (global warming ?) and the tree was covered in fruit. I picked a load and gave a bowl full my aged neighbour (she just adores cooking and making jams etc..). Before I left she tried one of the fruits and thought it was quite tasty. I also tried one but thought it a little bitter). This morning she returned my bowl and said that half an hour after eating the fruit her mouth dried up and she went on to be violent ill. I had eaten a fruit at the same time but had no ill effects. We concluded it must be an allergic reaction (some people are not being able to eat nits and Kiwi fruit and the like) But I've not heard of it about this fruit. Does anyone know if they can cause an allergic reaction. Oh BTW, the good news is she has promised not to sue (LOL).

El Tel UK Zone 7/8

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com