Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
First springfairy has arrieved

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » First springfairy has arrieved « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Maaria  Send Maaria a private message!

Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 03:27 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

if you just look carefully enough you will see them around...

}Plant Forum

Maaria - SOUTH COAST OF FINLAND, Zone "USDA 4-5"

Freddie  Send Freddie a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 06:08 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thank You for sharing! I'll look for fairies in my yard, too! Sometimes the hardier ones arrive early!

Freddie - Nevada, Zone "4"

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 12:17 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I'll be glad to get outside to check on angels and fairies here too. That's a cute photo! It is bitterly cold here today with snow predicted for tonight. March is a volatile month...anything goes but I'm hoping the warmth will move in soon as predicted by the 'experts.'

Sunnyday2day - Tanya-Michigan, Zone "5"

Susanq  Send Susanq a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 05:23 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

She is so cute, Mariitta! I've said it before - you have such a wonderful collection of garden decorations.

SusanQ - Zone 4b-5b Wisconsin

Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 10:16 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hello Susan. Fanny if you like them,I`l put here an other fairy who`s eagerly waiting for spring with us.

Plant Forum

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 02:24 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

She is wonderful too! I love the flower in her hair Where do you find these wonderful things? Is there a local artist who made her?

Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 05:44 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well, Susan, it`s been my hobby and passion to make these creatures for some years now, although I`m no artist at all must I say.

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 07:04 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Maaria wrote on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 12:53 pm:

it`s been my hobby and passion to make these creatures for some years now, although I`m no artist at all must I say.

I must beg to differ.. these are very artistic and lovely!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 08:02 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You make them yourself?!
Can I ask what material you use to sculp them, Mariitta?

Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 08:12 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks TANYA, very kind of you.

SUSAN, they are ceramics, made of clay, which has been burned twice in very hig temperature and painted with coloured glazes between burnings.

Monique  Send Monique a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 08:49 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Did you know that I love Fairies? I have just discovered your faes..they are beautiful;) Can you introduce us to the first one up close? I would dearly like that.

Monique Quebec Zone 5

Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 10:13 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hello Monigue.
This fairy is like most women, does not like being looked too close, and wants to show only a better part of her. But she gave me promise to show more, although she`s as shy as I`m at least.
As you see she is kind of sad, maybe because of the cold or the difficulties at her birth.

Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 10:58 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Here come`s the picture.
Plant Forum

Periwinkle  Send Periwinkle a private message!

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 04:16 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I'm so glad I opened this thread. To see your fairies--you created these, handbuilt, fired & glazed & fired--what treasures!

We are really enjoying seeing your fairies Maaria!

Denise--Northern Wisconsin, Z3b Click to hear a voice greeting from Periwinkle

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 06:35 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Maaria, you are an artist! I love the little fairy you say is sad. I think she is just thinking deep thoughts! What a wonderful face. Thank you for letting us see her up close! These are wonderful! Please keep sharing.

Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 10:02 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thank you Denise and Freddie you are so friendly and polite.
If you like them here are some more.
I think they are probably more elfs than fairies.

Plant Forum

This fellow is mostly seen in the evenings just before the dark.

Plant Forum

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 12:22 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thank you Maaria! These are wonderful! What fun to have the peeking from trees and everywhere!

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 02:19 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

They all have such charm! Thank you for showing us more of your wonderful creations, Mariitta. Do you ever sell any of your pieces?

Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 08:06 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi Susan.
I have not sold this creatures because this is just a dear hobby for me and there are a lot of failures in a year. I also can`t make them as many as I should like to because I must burn them in a local school`s owen.
I must admit my garden looks strange crowded with different kinds of creatures but I feel very strongly that garden is a magical place, and I try to figure out it`s spirits this way ,I think.

Periwinkle  Send Periwinkle a private message!

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 01:53 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Maaria wrote on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 03:15 pm:

figure out it`s spirits this way

You are! We're enjoying this with you!
I love the smiling, sleeping elf in the cedar!

Denise--Northern Wisconsin, Z3b Click to hear a voice greeting from Periwinkle

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 02:38 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

garden is a magical place

So very true, Mariitta. I feel it also.

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 12:00 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I feel very strongly that garden is a magical place

Oh, yes, Mariitta, very enchanting!

Sunnyskies  Send Sunnyskies a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 06:14 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

These are so cute! The expressions are very endearing and sweet. You are definately an artist and have alot of talent. Yes, the garden is magical! That's what I love about gardening the most.

Sunnyskies - Alberta, Zone "3a"

Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 04:10 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thank you so much SUNNYSKIES for your encouraging words.As being an amateur it`s always delightful to hear that someone likes my creations.
There are some more to be seen in my garden gallery, if you want to see, in address
http://www.elisanet.fi/armiitta.

Otnorot  Send Otnorot a private message!

Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 07:07 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Im very impressed with your fairies and your garden,you have so many clematis and other beautiful plants and trees.How large is your garden?
Bill

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 03:46 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hello Bill, nice that you liked to visit my garden.
The garden area is about 1000m2, far to small for my needs, and underneath is everywhere rock.
That is why I`m constantly changing my plants, because every year I get passion for some new plant which i just have to get.
Wish you happy gardening.

Dirtlady  Send Dirtlady a private message!

Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 06:03 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Maaria,

I've just now seen this thread and how glad too!! Your gardens as well as your fairies are enchanting. How beautiful and inspirational they are. My favorite is the sad one. How you are able to get such facial expressions is amazing.....you are so talented.
Sharon

Dirtlady - Georgia, Zone "8B"

Cinta  Send Cinta a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 01:46 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Maaria,

Your fairies and Gardens are amazing. You have inspired me. I have been trying to work out a design to do away with the grass and you have showed me a very good example that it can be done.

Thank you for sharing your hobby and your beautiful gardens.

Cinta - Pennsylvania, Zone "Zone 6"

Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 02:17 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thank you Sharon and Cinta for your nice words.
I`m glad if you have got some ideas from my garden.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com