Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Can't fault my enthusiasm!

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Can't fault my enthusiasm! « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spuddigger  Send Spuddigger a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 10:03 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It was a very warm, clear day today, and I have some garlic bulbs from last fall that I never got to plant. So I went out there with a hoe to finally put some in the ground.

My intentions were good. Unfortunately, the ground was still frozen a couple inches down. :-)

Oh, well. At least I pruned some tree branches. The heavy snows we had last December...

...and January...

...and February...

...weighed the tree branches down so much that some of them cracked. I got them cut off, so at least I did something constructive today.

Spuddigger - CO, Zone "5"

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 06:47 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

While the bulbs tend to be smaller, garlic planted in the early spring can yield a good product. As soon as you can turn the soil, you can plant them. Also you can plant peas, carrots, beets, and most greens (lettuce, etc) even if it snows more. The seeds will be just fine.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 09:13 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I did finally plant the rest of my garlic (although the squirrels dug some of it up). And I have 50 garlic sprouts coming up from the garlic I planted last fall. Fifty so far, that is.

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 03:41 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

The garlic that I planted last month is beginning to poke up out of the soil. And the garlic I planted last fall is already several inches high.

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 07:44 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Another garlic grower/lover! I think that you will have great harvest come July.

Charles - WI, Zone "4b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com