Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Beets and Carrots 2006

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Beets and Carrots 2006 « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Durgan  Send Durgan a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 01:50 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

http://xrl.us/pcmk

24 July 2006. A few beets and carrots were pulled today. The beet tops were too mature to eat as greens, besides I still have plenty of spinach and swiss chard. It rained yesterday so I only broke one carrot top when pulling. The carrier is useful for washing all around the vegetables using the hose. It is about 3/8 mesh on the sides and bottom. The rows are about 16 feet in length.

http://www.durgan.org/Blog/Durgan.html

Durgan - Ontario, Zone "5"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

My Garden
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 07:13 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Never mind the garlic, you continue to impress me, Durgan. You grow so many wonderful things and do it so well. It is a real pleasure to see such a fine vegetable gardener in our midst.

Charles - WI, Zone "4b"

Durgan  Send Durgan a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 07:32 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Charles,
Where are you located in Zone 4b?

I posted so much about year 2006 that I am getting apprehensive for the year 2007. It might be an effort to match the 2006 production in 2007.

So far this year I can do nothing in the yard. The temperature has been hovering around below 7 degrees C for about the last month. We have had only about 4 intermittent days of Sun in the last 30 days.

I spend my spare time looking up pictures on the computer of the 2006 garden and post them when composed.

A plate of perfectly cooked beets are truly a joy. Very nice picture.

Durgan.

Durgan - Ontario, Zone "5"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com