Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Stunted herbs . . . ?

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Stunted herbs . . . ? « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bluze  Send Bluze a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 12:22 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi: I started some oregano and mint indoors (never grown either before) probably at least 6 weeks ago. It seemed to germinate ok, but since then neither has grown much. Everything is barely 1/4 inch high.

I guess that oregano does not like a lot of water, and I don't think I'm over watering it. I've been putting both outside on the warm sunny days we've had lately, but still no change.

I must be doing something wrong because at this rate it will take them forever to go anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Bluze - New York, Zone "?"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Euphorbphreak  Send Euphorbphreak a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 11:50 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

You are right about the water requirement. Oregano is a tough drought tolerant plant, once established. It doesn't like fertile soil, and it doesn't like a lot of water. Mint, on the other hand, does like consistent moisture. You probably can leave them outdoors from now on, since both like a lot of sun, especially oregano.

David, the other CA, 10/17

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com