Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Questionable berries?

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Questionable berries? « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Necolovesplants  Send Necolovesplants a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 12:43 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I was told these were Vaccinium but can i get another opinion cause my boyfriend is still not sertain these are edible and is being very leary of it. I just want to make a cobbler or some thing with them if they are edible but he wont let me yet. They are beautiful bushes and i need to know how and when to trim them cause the previous land owners didn't care for them at all. they smell so sweet and look yummy. So can any one confirm for me that these are Vaccinium?

Plant Forum

Necolovesplants - Louisiana, Zone "?"

Euphorbphreak  Send Euphorbphreak a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 11:48 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I'm not familiar with the plants of your area, but the leaves to me speak Vaccinium very loudly! Have you tasted them yourself? I'm surprised they would be mature so early in the season.

David, the other CA, 10/17

Necolovesplants  Send Necolovesplants a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 10:40 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I have tasted them they are sweet but i don't quite believe they are ripe just yet. They are clear on the inside like a grape.

Necolovesplants - Louisiana, Zone "?"

Bluze  Send Bluze a private message!

Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 10:52 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I'm hardly a plant expert, but as a kid (I'm 56) I used to pick blueberries with my uncle in his cow pasture, have been eating blueberry pancakes since, and I'd say that's what you've got. And they DO look like a grape inside.

You've tasted them and you're still here, so they can't be poisonous. Do they taste like blueberries?

Bluze - New York, Zone "5a"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com