Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Heat in Pepperss.

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » Heat in Pepperss. « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Durgan  Send Durgan a private message!

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 01:57 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

This may be of interest to those who grow hot peppers.

http://www.victoryseeds.com/information/scoville.html

Spicy peppers contain a substance called capsaicin. Devised by Wilbur Scoville in 1912, a Scoville Unit is a measurement of capsaicin level in a particular pepper or variety. The scoville ranges from 1 to 10 with ten being the the most hot.

http://www.durgan.org/Blog/Durgan.html

Durgan - Ontario, Zone "5"

Markvs  Send Markvs a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 05:53 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

As a matter of interest, I recently had a sore back which was greatly eased by a new product here (dont know the name , sorry) which is based on capsicum. I thought it was only good for police spray.

Markvs - Waiuku, Zone "9 down to -5 C"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

Supporting Member

My Garden
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 02:31 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Products like Capsazin are dangerous and, given all the horror stories online about its use, I am surprised they have not yet been sued. I have some arthritis in my feet and applied it as directed and the result was excruciating pain for well over 8 hours and that was with constant water rinsings. Unfortunately, I learned about its dangers the hard way. It was nothing short of chemically burning myself.

Charles - WI, Zone "4b"

Markvs  Send Markvs a private message!

Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 05:35 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Yes, I must admit, that I felt that I would end up with blisters on my back. However, I must admit that I have had no pain since which is unusual.

Markvs - Waiuku, Zone "9 down to -5 C"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com