Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
My driftwood planters.

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » My driftwood planters. « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Otnorot  Send Otnorot a private message!

Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 10:50 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

Gardenbrat  Send Gardenbrat a private message!

Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 08:34 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Wow very pretty, a lot of work must go into those. I would love to see a closer view.

Brat

Gardenbrat - Palm Bay, Florida zone 9b, Zone "5"

Growit  Send Growit a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 08:51 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Me too. They look wonderful but I can't see what you have planted in them or how.

Growit - Hampshire, Zone "8/9"

Jak3  Send Jak3 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 11:23 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Yes, I would like a closer look as well. I really like things that are a little different, as these are!

Jak3 - Ontario, Zone "4/5"

Markvs  Send Markvs a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 05:57 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I too would like a closer view, these things could be a winner. I live close enough to a good enough supply, so please lets see a little more detail?

Markvs - Waiuku, Zone "9 down to -5 C"

Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 06:32 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

This was a small business I had for about 5 years.I made thousands of these in various sizes selling from as low as $15.95 to $120.00 each,the two pictured whould have sold for $70.00 each I used mostly rockery plants as they can grow with very little soil.Im making a list of the plants I used.I gave up the business because I didnt want to ruin my new car transporting them plus DW said I was too old to keep up the pace.
Bill

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 07:20 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Some of the plants in driftwood=Echeveria,Viola,Thymus,Ajuga reptans,Lysimachia nummularia,Lamium galeobdolon ‘variegata’, Cerastium tomentosum, I had to look them up in my books as I just cant remember proper names.As soon as it stops raining I will take pictures of two driftwood pieces not planted and partially planted and explain what you should do to make this planter.

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

Jak3  Send Jak3 a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 09:15 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks, Bill, sounds great.

Jak3 - Ontario, Zone "4/5"

Growit  Send Growit a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 09:42 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thankyou Bill. Always enjoy learning something new. I like what you put in them too.

Growit - Hampshire, Zone "8/9"

Markvs  Send Markvs a private message!

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 06:15 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

My thanks also, we have a good supply locally, and might do some for ourselves.

Markvs - Waiuku, Zone "9 down to -5 C"

Golden_ca  Send Golden_ca a private message!

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 10:32 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Very Nice Bill! I have also made driftwood planters - but a little different than yours - Unfortunately I did not take pictures of them but I sold them from my house a few years back right around mothers day. Sold them all. What I did was we went to the beach and brought home long sticks of driftwood and my husband made them into basically squares. Sort of criss crossed over one another and I put in my black cloth and my moss and loaded them with flowers! I should actually make myself some more some time - lol! Thanks for sharing Bill - very nice! Golden

Golden_ca - British Columbia, Zone "8"

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 05:39 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Golden that is a good idea you have.When I first started I used wood with natural cavitys Then I had to make my own cavitys with a chain saw.They were so popular I would take 30 to the nursery in the morning and in two hours they would phone and say they are all sold we need more.
Bill

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com