Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
How to make a driftwood planter.

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » How to make a driftwood planter. « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Otnorot  Send Otnorot a private message!

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 09:06 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

This piece has a natural opening on the right and I opened the left side with a chain saw' Plant Forum
This is a piece thats half plantedPlant Forum
Plant Forum
Plant Forum

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 09:16 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Southern Ontario and northern New York State see this wood all the time. Just think of your last trip in the country,do you remember the farmers field lined with large stumps well thats a scrub red cedar good for nothing except marking boundries and driftwood planters.For all others you will have to use the real thing. need more instructions just tell me.
Bill

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

Golden_ca  Send Golden_ca a private message!

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 11:54 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well Bill - they are very lovely and rustic looking - I love them! Golden

Golden_ca - British Columbia, Zone "8"

Growit  Send Growit a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 09:21 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Much better. I can see how you have done it now just a shame there are no red cedars anywhere near me. I will be beach combing on holiday though. I love them and my sempervivums would look fabulous in one of those.

Growit - Hampshire, Zone "8/9"

Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 09:15 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Growit do you have a woods nearby? Take a look for a old stump it will do just well.
Bill

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 11:06 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Can it be any tree stump then? I thought you had mentioned Red Cedar as it might not rot so quickly. I have a sensory garden to plant up for a charity and I thought one of these as a living sculpture would look fantastic and also be cheap as I try to beg, steal or borrow all I can for them.

Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 08:27 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Growit sorry Im late getting back to you,you can use any stump except birch and willow they rot to fast.
Bill

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 07:46 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks Bill. I will post a picture (prob next year!) when I have done it. I haven't even finished the design of the sensory garden yet let alone started planting anything.

Cajunbelle  Send Cajunbelle a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 09:02 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well, looks like a trip to the swamps is in order for some cypress driftwood, those are fabulous.

Sharon

Cajunbelle - Louisiana, Zone "8b"

Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 09:57 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Cajunbelle you can get cypress driftwood? WOW it should last forever.
Bill

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com