Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
My First Harvest

Garden Forum » Archives » Edibles in the Garden Forum-Archives » My First Harvest « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 12:06 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

My first harvest of the year - Baby Romain and Green Lance chinese kale. The former was made into a salad with dijon balsamic dressing, tomatoes, walnuts, blue cheese and dried cranberries. The asian greens were cooked in foil on the grill with sesame oil and garlic - served with a lime/cumin pork loin.

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Euphorbphreak  Send Euphorbphreak a private message!

My Weather
My Time
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 01:37 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Greg, bad picture to show before I have had my dinner! Can you tell me more how you cooked the kale on the grill? I am always searching ways to cook various greens since I have so many and find my cooking skills to be quite inadequate. But I grill a lot!

David, the other CA, 10/17

Greg  Send Greg a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 09:28 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I simply seasoned them with olive oil, toasted sesame oil, salt, pepper, and lots of fresh garlic. I laid them in foil an carefully wrapped it up. That went on the grill. The stalks weren't quite cooked and still a little tough, but it was tasty. NExt time I'll add a little liquid - maybe lemon juice or a bit of water or stock to let them steam a little more. I like to grill inside foil pouches for tender vegetables like this.

Greg - ND, Zone "4"

Charles  Send Charles a private message!

Supporting Member

My Garden
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 10:39 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

It all looks so healthy and tasty, Greg! I am going to try that with my vates kale.

Charles - WI, Zone "4b"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com