Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Stuff for the garden

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Stuff for the garden « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sunflwr1  Send Sunflwr1 a private message!

Supporting Member

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 06:47 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I usually post in the Clematis Forum, but I went to a garden show last weekend and had too much fun! Just had to share some of the stuff I got!

Plant Forum

This ball is made out of barbed wire and is about 2.5' in diameter. It was fascinating to watch this gal work with the barbed wire.

Plant Forum

Plant Forum

It's not for everyone but, I love it!

Marcia Illinois Zone 5

Otnorot  Send Otnorot a private message!

Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 07:26 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I like your bugs.
Bill

Otnorot - Ont, Zone "6A"

Growit  Send Growit a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 09:52 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

The ball is fab! What if anything do you intend to plant through it, round it, over it? A clematis by any chance?

Growit - Hampshire, Zone "8/9"

Golden_ca  Send Golden_ca a private message!

Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 10:43 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Love them all !!! Golden

Golden_ca - British Columbia, Zone "8"

Periwinkle  Send Periwinkle a private message!

Supporting Member

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 01:05 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Those are as cute as a bug's ear!

Denise--Northern Wisconsin, Z3b Click to hear a voice greeting from Periwinkle

Supporting Member

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 01:05 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Those are as cute as a bug's ear!

Supporting Member

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 09:13 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Thanks Buddies! Glad you liked them... they sure bring a smile to my face.

Growit wrote on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 07:58 pm:

What if anything do you intend to plant through it, round it, over it? A clematis by any chance?

Haven't decided yet, Moira. Not sure about a clematis because I don't want it to get covered up. Perhaps something low growing? Hmmm...

Marcia Illinois Zone 5

Jeanieluigi  Send Jeanieluigi a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 11:49 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Do you know where the artist is from? Is she local? Just curious as I love them and live in southern wisconsin.

Jeanieluigi - WI, Zone "5"

Supporting Member

My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 01:48 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Aha! Another Wisconsite!
Where do you live Jeanieluigi?

Supporting Member

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 11:09 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Hi Jeanie, Her business is called "Stray Cat Art" and they are from Altona, IL. I'm in Rockford, IL and they're about 3 hours south of me. She has a web site that's not very updated. She also said they aren't doing as many shows this year because her mother is quite ill... in fact they were going to Mayo the week after the show that I went to. Her name is Rachel Haynes and her web site is: http://www.straycatart.com

Marcia Illinois Zone 5

Heathergirl  Send Heathergirl a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Garden
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 06:32 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Marcia, what a great find! The bugs are really cute and I love the ball of barbed wire. Yes a clematis would probably hide it altogether but what about some of your perennials?

Heathergirl - County Durham, Zone "8"

Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:38 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I live in Janesville, not too far from Rockford. Where are you located in the northwoods Denise? I'll be heading up to the Woodruff area next week - always love to head north.

Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:38 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Woops...meant to say thanks for the link Marcia!

Sandykk  Send Sandykk a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 12:01 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Marcia,
I can't believe it. Today we were driving by Çal Ripkins home in Hunt Valley, MD, and I saw these huge balls out of wire out in his lawn. I had never seen them before and then tonight they pop up in your picture too.
Sandy

Sandykk - Maryland, Zone "6/7"

Jims_wsw  Send Jims_wsw a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 11:33 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

How about setting the wire ball on top of an upside-down tomato cage with an integrefolia planted under it?

Marie in ME

Jims_wsw Maine zone 5a

Loretta  Send Loretta a private message!

Supporting Member

Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 12:14 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

How barbed is the barbed wire ball?

Loretta - NJ, Zone "6"

Supporting Member

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 12:43 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Loretta wrote on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 10:20 pm:

How barbed is the barbed wire ball?

Have you ever seen barbed wire? She uses authentic old, rusty barbed wire. I do have to be careful where I pick it up. Time will tell what I plant with it, still haven't decided it's permanent home yet. That will help. BTW... I don't know what I was thinking because I never gave her web site. Here it is: http://www.artfromthefarm.com/

Marcia Illinois Zone 5

Loretta  Send Loretta a private message!

Supporting Member

Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 06:21 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Sunflwr1 wrote on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 10:49 pm:

Have you ever seen barbed wire?

Yes, I have. That's why I asked! You are brave. Just make sure you are up on your tetanus shot.

Loretta - NJ, Zone "6"

Bloomorelse  Send Bloomorelse a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 12:08 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Love your new bugs. Best kind to have, they don't bite and are so cute. Love the ball, but I'd be afraid to handle it. I think something light and airy like Flax or Coreopsis Moombeam would be nice with it.

Bloomorelse - New Brunswick, Zone "4b"

Starzgarden  Send Starzgarden a private message!

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 11:04 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Very cool, unique garden accents! Thanks for sharing these.

Starzgarden - Michigan, Zone "five"

Katsback  Send Katsback a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 03:28 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

i like the oil can bug, cute!

Katsback - missouri, Zone "7"

Karalyn  Send Karalyn a private message!

My Weather
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 10:22 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Are the bugs made from little vases?

Karalyn Idaho Zone 6

Plantlady2  Send Plantlady2 a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 04:04 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Did you ever plant anything in or around your barbed wire ball, Marcia? I love it. I'm wondering how she got it so round- is there some kind of "non-lethal" form inside it for the wire to wrap around?
I have all kinds of twig balls & wrought iron stuff in my gardens- if the art is beautiful in itself I just nestle it in a border somewhere & let it stand on it's own. If you plant stuff on it it just takes away from the beauty of the piece.

Plantlady2 - Washington, Zone "7"

Supporting Member

My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 10:35 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Karalyn wrote on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 08:28 pm:

Are the bugs made from little vases?

Yes, they are. Mostly old vases, medicine bottles, "Ball" canning jars... whatever she can find. I just love'em!

Plantlady2 wrote on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 02:10 am:

Did you ever plant anything in or around your barbed wire ball, Marcia?

No, I didn't Cory, but a volunteer Cypress vine managed to meander a bit through it and the Cleomes. I didn't see her working on these, but I did watch her working on the dragon fly I bought. She must use some kind of form because it's perfectly round. I'd always wanted a grapevine sphere so I was thrilled when I found this. Don't have to worry about it deteriorating. I love it. She makes a larger one and a smaller one as well. Next time I might get the other 2.

Marcia Illinois Zone 5

Masterid  Send Masterid a private message!

Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 08:47 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Many Garden tools or stuffs I used in my Garden...

The first power tool to become popular with gardeners was the lawn mower. This has been followed by a very wide range of power tools, including cultivators, string trimmer, Irrigation sprinklers, hedge trimmers, lawn aerators, leaf sweepers, leaf blowers, and mini-tractors.
Check this store where you can get many other stuffs required for your garden, Have you checked this ----> http://www.agritura.com/index.php/cat/c35_House--Yard---Garden.html/categor y/House--Yard---Garden

Masterid - Italy, Zone "?"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com