Gardenbuddies.com-Where friends meet to share their gardens
Windchimes??????

Garden Forum » Archives » Techniques and Designs-Decorating Your Garden-Archives » Windchimes?????? « Previous    Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mimi  Send Mimi a private message!

Supporting Member

My Weather
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 06:43 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

So, what are your views on these?
Just wondered.

Mimi - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Plantynut  Send Plantynut a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Garden Journal
My Weather
My Garden
My Time
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 07:00 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I love them but the small tinkling ones not the big gong type sound. I had a big one a few years ago and it would wake me in the middle of the night. A few times I had to go out and take them down.

I have 2 left right now. It's very windy here so they tend to fall apart.

Plantynut - New York, Zone "7"

Sunnyday2day  Send Sunnyday2day a private message!

Supporting Member

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
My Garden
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 08:26 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I love them...from the dollar store ones to the high-end-perfectly-toned ones. I've got them all over the place. I must admit that I like the high-end one the best. I remember a similar post at GW...I was astonished that there were so many people who didn't like them. It was a very long thread...did you see it?

Sunnyday2day - Tanya-Michigan, Zone "5"

Supporting Member

My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 09:01 am EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

Well, I love them.
I have 2 pair, but right now they are packed . Maybe I can hang a pair in my jeep. LOL. These are the kind that are tuned. Someplace I have directions to make a set out of Electrical tubing. Would love a set of those 5 footers. But. That probably won't happen. Even if I had them in a spot where the wind didnt get them alot, but I could walk by and give them a clang everyonce in awhile, .....that would work too. I had a set in my kitchen window at the farm, That was nice. There is a set here on my friends front porch , so, I have gotten to enjoy hers.

Mimi - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Growit  Send Growit a private message!

My Favorite Photo
My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 07:41 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

I love them too. I have to admit to taking them down when it is too windy. I like the lower tones. I find the high notes too tinny and annoying. My fave one that I have hung in the doorway of my wooden gazebo to protect it from the elements is short to long metal tubes and sounds like a harp when the wind blows. Magical!

Growit - Hampshire, Zone "8/9"

Supporting Member

My Weather
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 09:45 pm EST :   Last Buddysize PhotosCopy highlighted text to new message Print Post

YEAH TEAM!
I am the lower tones too. My one set is from a company...."Let the good times toll" They are very pretty.

Mimi - PaOhio, Zone "5a"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this archive.

World Clock
Pacific Eastern Japan Finland Germany Australia Russia

Copyright 2003 - 2008, Gardenbuddies.com